Sign in to follow this  
hodge

To all my friends on Redsquare

hodge

As some of you know, I lost my 17 year old son this past March, in a car accident. He was a Christian, and he had a sincere relationship with God. We take tremendous comfort in that. Of course, it has still been difficult. We have never blamed God, but rather look for the meaning in the loss. Each day has been a challenge to get through, some more than others. But, we are making it.

I haven't been on the RS forum much since March, but it isn't because I am reclusive, or whatever. I just haven't had much to say. I have been here reading, though, and continue to grow closer to each of you, as a forum like this affords, and to appreciate you.

I would like to especially extend a thanks to Duff- like a true Christian and friend, he has, every once in a while, sent me an email, asking how we are doing. Now, I don't look at anyone else on this forum and wonder why they haven't- that's not what I am getting at, at all. Of all people, I know how busy life can be, and how difficult it is to keep up with everyone. I bring this up to say a special, public thank you to Duff, and to encourage you to, at some point, do what he did- encourage another person by checking on them. That is a tremendous jesture of love, kindness, and brotherhood. I love you all, and as only God can do, I marvel at this network of friends, who I have never met, but feel close to and am thankful for. :thumbs:

In Christ,

Mark

T-Mo

Mark,

There is a guy on the Cub Cadet forums who lost his son in a car accident also, around Christmas time one year. He had a nice write up about it last year. See this thread from the IHCC forum: Christmas Lessons the Hard Way . He sent me the unedited version and it was a great read, though, of course, heart wrenching.

I can't imagine losing a child - it just doesn't seem right that a parent has to bury a child. But God is still in control and knows what He is doing. We, as mere humans, can't see the big picture, but God sees all.

Just remember you can always email me or pm me anytime. I'm glad Duff was there for you - if I had known what you were going through, I would have tried to keep in touch to be sure you were okay. To be honest, I don't read every post - especially in the non-tractor section. That's my fault.

Take care and I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

terry

neil

Hi Mark

Although we have never met or spoken, rest assured you are amongst people that

really do care even though they are thousands of miles away in another country

i have just read your post and not being aware of your recent loss ,i would just like to wish you and you family every happiness for the future to come

and i am sure that god is by your side in these difficult times

god bless my friend

from Neil from united Kingdom :thumbs:

JimD

May God's grace continue to be with you and your family.

horsefeathers

Mark, I'am kind'a new here at RS and did not know of your loss.

Thank You Duff for representing all of us at RS!

I'am sure that all members hearts and prayers go out to you Mark!

stevasaurus

Mark...it is never easy loosing anyone, and it takes a lot of time to deal with all of what happened. Glad you are OK and thinking of getting involved again. That is a good thing. My prayers are still with you.

racinfool40

I'm also kinda new, Just joining this year. Myself and my Family's Thoughts and Prayers are with you!!!!And glad your back Their's alot of great people on this site!!