Sign in to follow this  
btrrg1969

grease fitting

btrrg1969

I have added grease fitting to my tie rod ends , on this end I drilled from the top and used a straight fitting and brazed welded on becuse there is not enough metal to tap threads. On the other end where the rods would meet at the center of the tractor you can drill and tap threads deep enough for the grease fittings , there is enough metal .I drilled directly into the end of the rod. I used one straight and one 90 degree , (so that with my steering wheel turned all the way to the right I can gerase three of the four ) I'll try and get a good picture of it and post it, this is an easy modification but you have to be carefull when drilling becuase you dont want to drill into the ball . Soon as you drill through you can fill it .This added 4 more joints to grease but I bet my ball joint never wear out.

1030101341a.jpg

TJ

Nice work. Good idea. :thumbs:

mavfreak

It could be a illusion but it looks as thou the weld is cracked were the arm meets the spindle.

Great job on the fitting!

btrrg1969

thou seeist an illusion , that is a smear of grease in the crack.

mavfreak

I love delusions...I mean illusions

B-8074

Nice work :thumbs::) Have you ever used heim joints before? I made a set for my C-175.

4763922821_fc841d00dd.jpg

btrrg1969

Nice work :thumbs::) Have you ever used heim joints before? I made a set for my C-175.

4763922821_fc841d00dd.jpg

Yes they are very strong and will last a long long time.Here are some more pictures . I hated to get my tractor dirty but I used it to chop up leaves today but that is what they are for , to work with.Anyhow this is what it looks like from the underside

1031101516.jpg

when you turn you steering wheel to the right you can grease these two , the one near the tire and the one at the steering shaft

1031101518.jpg

junkman

The drivers side tie rod off a little 2 seater murray go-kart fits! :banghead: