Sign in to follow this  
corn53

Pull start horses?

corn53

I Have a B-60 and was wondering what other models have pull start. It sure is nice not having to worry about batteries and electrical problems. Especially when the herd keeps getting bigger. Any others that are good workers?

Kelly

Many of the 60's tractors are pull start, some are even elect. and pull start, most but not all were tecumseh powered, yes it would be nice not to have to have a dozen batt.'s to keep up.

Indy w h

Yes, recoil start is nice to have :thumbs:

Indy

horsefeathers

I kind'a like a rope starter, rember the old addage "KISS" Keep It Simple Stupid"!

Batteries,stators,regulators! Oh My! Gauges,switches,wiring! Oh MY!!!

How 'bout a tractor w/ electronic fuel injection, auto trans so ya' can install a remote start!

Key fob w/ keyless entry? :thumbs: GPS navigation, On Star (tm.GM),

Dual climate contorl, Heated leather seats, one year subcription Sirius/XM

You get the idea!!!

Rember "KISS"!

Now where did I put that rope pull starter? :)

:wh: HORSEFEATHERS!

puddlejumper

Feathers you think your joking, but have you been in a modern farm tractor or combine lately, NOt sure nasa couldnt take lessons.

horsefeathers

I know, I here ya' brother! Amazin'!!!!

How did we get to this point in life???

Anyone know?

puddlejumper

Feathers you work with mining equip.If I remember correctly so you know what I mean. I work for a small excavating company. We do not have any GPS guided Equip, as of yet,But we do have dial a grade lasers and auto blade controls on 1 doser, the other 2 are set up with just recievers on the blade, and that is so sweeeeeet compared to when I started 20 yrs ago. I cant even Imagine being able to work several different grades on one work site with the push of a button guided by gps.

horsefeathers

Your right! Joy Mining Machinery is working on a new system!

That'll put under ground mining controls in the hands of top side miners!

Change is good!

But I still like a pull rope!!!

"KISS"

Don1977

I have a modify C-120/180 that has both pull start and electric. The Vanguards start easy, I had a 16 on there for 20 years that finally gave up last spring. I set the choke and turn it over on the first pull. Then turn in the switch and it starts on the second pull.

IMGP1770.jpg

stevasaurus

This may not be new...but new to me. :) Just helped a neighbor pick up one of those large Troy-Built sno-blowers...it has heated grips so your cute little hands don't get cold. :thumbs: It doesn't have a cup holder for your Rock-N-Rye though. :wh:

Don1977

This may not be new...but new to me. :) Just helped a neighbor pick up one of those large Troy-Built sno-blowers...it has heated grips so your cute little hands don't get cold. :thumbs: It doesn't have a cup holder for your Rock-N-Rye though. :)

Send it back! Lowes took over Troy Bilt and things went down fast. They cut out the Antifreeze Holder. What were they thinking. :):wh: :)

stevasaurus

Don...yes he bought it from Lowes...didn't know they took over Troy-Built. Doubt my neighbor knows that either. WOW...looks like a nice machine though...I ain't going to tell him...helped him build a shed for it..... :wh: I'm sure I will help him keep it running. :thumbs:

What is the anti-freeze holder and what did it do???? :)

Retired Wrencher

:thumbs: :):wh: Steve AKA Nip/B????

Don1977

I was talk about your antifreeze the Rock-N-Rye holder. :thumbs:

TerryJW

My 551 Suburban has pull start and electric start. My 401 Suburban has pull start.

100_3299.jpg

100_4072.jpg

TT

More of a memory game, but see how many I miss....... :)

Some of the tractors equipped with retractable (pull) starters only (not counting standard or optional electric starters) would be the RJ models from 1955 to 1959, 400, 401, 502, 32R, 603, 633, 33R, 604, 704, 34R, 605, L-105, 606, 706 (export model) L-106, 607, L-107, 1968 1-3631 500 Special, 1-1631 Lawn Ranger, 1976 & 1977 B-60, and perhaps a few rear-engined riders.

Any more? :thumbs:

pumper.atv

Had to pull start the lawn ranger today because the battery was dead :thumbs:

4238850846_2c1c6d8e59.jpg

:)

corn53

:thumbs: Hail to the pull starters! My b60 is so sweet I can pull it from the seat. Thanx for the replies :)