Sign in to follow this  
puddlejumper

20 +years newer

puddlejumper

I have been watching this tractor for about a year set without moving so today I stopped and ask about it. The man said twenty dollars and it is yours.I ask him what was wrong with it and he said just a leaky fuel line.

Brought it home put in fresh battery and gas.Think he was right all I can find mechanically wrong is a leaky fuel line.

100_1223.jpg

100_1224.jpg

100_1225.jpg

Horse'n Around

Holy Cow you got a incredible deal there, Congratulations on an awesome find!

John

wh79d160

Are you sure the guy lived there? :thumbs: I sell stuff @ my neighbors house all the time when there gone. :):wh: Great find! :)

JimD

A once in a lifetime deal for sure. Congrats! :thumbs:

VinsRJ

$20... thats great! :thumbs:

wheel horse 1045

Are you sure the guy lived there? :thumbs: I sell stuff @ my neighbors house all the time when there gone. :):wh: Great find! :)

thats the reason i moved away from you :)

puddlejumper

God, I hope so

2 weeks ago stopped and talked to a elderly woman working in her garden(93).I had never met here before really dont know why I stopped.In the conversation she said she had knocked over here tiller and broke of throttle control. Me being the nice guy I am volentered to take it home and fix it and I did. spent a little time on it to because it had broke the plastic dash and I built a metal plate to mount everthing to and gave it a tuneup. Took it back to her that saturday and stayed and talked to her for almost 6 hrs. Last weekend she had a friend drive her around town till she found me and accused me of stealing her tiller and bringing her back a different one.I let her look through my sheds and when she couldnt find it she wanted to know who I sold hers to.

So If I bought it from the wrong guy I think I will just quit altogether.

btrrg1969

That is almost like free , wow great score :thumbs:

Kelly

I think you did real good, I love getting good deals, it makes the bad deals feel much better.

harleyjj

wow I thought i got a stal on my C111 for $125 guess I got ripped off!lol

kodiak

heck of a deal mitch. why dont you lead me to some of those deals

puddlejumper

heck of a deal mitch. why dont you lead me to some of those deals

Yea guys I didnt have any problem finding my billfold :)

Kodiak you do allright every other time you show up I end up GIVING you a pretty good deal on something. :thumbs: Just kidding glad to help when I can.

Roger from southern Iowa

Great deal on the Horse!!!

KC9KAS

Good find, and thank you for the pictures.

I am planning on picking up some goodies today, although there aren't any :thumbs: in the deal.

Guy said he had a :) , but it turned out to be a BOLENS 855...Oh well...treasures are treasures!

dryrun

Mitch, what a great find, even the headlights work. I usually have to skid em up on the trailer with the winch and and cover with tarp to keep rusted peices from flying off on way home for twenty bucks. GREAT FIND!

I am from Owensville, and used to do a lot of fishing in Wabash river, Stoneberger Bayou etc. I was born near Crawleyville.

Now, get back out there and find some more, we love to hear about these, and really enjoy pictures

REGARDS GEORGE

Pollack Pete

Hey......I'll give you 40 bucks for it.Double your money.Ha,ha.Nice score.Everyone finds a bargain now and then. Good luck with it.

Forest Road

Awesome deal! I thought I was the king of deals as of late. I'm happily unseated!!! Enjoy it!

stevasaurus

That is crazy about that old woman you helped. :thumbs: She could give helping people a bad name.

bmuone

He said $20 and you ask him what was wrong with it? My first words would have been I'll ride it home and come back for my truck. Way to go!!

puddlejumper

That is crazy about that old woman you helped. :) She could give helping people a bad name.

Talk about crazy I am ashamed to say I went absolutely nuts when she asked me who I sold her tiller to. I had held my cool real well to that point but man did I explode. I apologized as she was leaving I now she is 93 but man can only take so much. :thumbs:

Irv

Like they say, "nice guys finish last". But we keep on trying. I can see that happening very easily because my mother-in-law is also 93 and doesn't trust anyone, including me even though I house her and feed her.

stevasaurus

Women...you would think they could at least stop making us miserable when they turn 93... :thumbs::) :wh:

whfan74

What a great deal! Another good lesson on patience..........it really does pay off in this hobby! Good things come to those who can wait! :thumbs: