Sign in to follow this  
btrrg1969

I dont understand

btrrg1969

I have posted many times , but now every time I try it says there are errors , I dont understand what is wrong :thumbs: it seems that it happens when I try to post a picture

rmaynard

Give a few more details and maybe someone can help you figure out what is wrong. How long has it been happening? Does it only happen when posting pictures? Looking at all of your previous posts, I don't see any with pictures. If that is when you are getting errors, I (or many other members) will be able to help you.

Bob

JimD

If you are using Photobucket and you get an error when trying to post pictures, you are probably using the wrong code to post them. Copy the image (img) code, then return to your post and paste it in the post. It should show up as the pic when you post your reply. Also, if you're using Firefox you need to click on the pic in Photobucket, wait for it to reappear, then click the image code. :thumbs:

Actonhorse

I had the same problem at first. This site will only allow a certain file size and you don't need to post "big" file size pictures. Try to reduce the size of the files (under 50KB works great). Windows picture manager has a simple way to do this. Just click on the edit pictures button and "compress pictures". It should give you an option and you can compress down to a small size. There was another thread on this a while ago and if you are going to take pictures of the horses for the site just set your camera down to the lowest quality setting. Hope this helps.

Dean

btrrg1969

Give a few more details and maybe someone can help you figure out what is wrong. How long has it been happening? Does it only happen when posting pictures? Looking at all of your previous posts, I don't see any with pictures. If that is when you are getting errors, I (or many other members) will be able to help you.

Bob

As far as pictures , I always use my cell phone , it is 1.3 meg and I have an avitar pic , and I have posted a tiller in the classified , oh about 8 months ago . As far as I know I havent done anything different . It tells me error cant load a file of this type if I remember right . I'll try it again a write down what it says . Thanks for your help.

I am try'n to show off my 314 I just repainted , may thats it , it dont like braggers?

btrrg1969

here are my steps

1.I go to redsquare , then to painting , decals , & restoration

2. new topic

3. title

4.then type in my stuff

5.browse to add a pic

and then thats when it happen it comes back like a preview yet says "you cannot upload this type of file" :thumbs:

rmaynard

Are you uploading your pictures to Photobucket or some other off-site service? Your pictures have to be stored somewhere other than on your computer. After you have uploaded the cell phone picture to Photobucket, then you can copy the image location and paste it in your RedSquare post.

btrrg1969

well I'll be darn , I didnt know that . I wonder how I got those tiller pictures on?Thanks I'll give it a try :thumbs:

btrrg1969

ok i just tried to down load the picture from my micro SD card ,its not saved to my PC, still no luck . It add the file however it still says errors "You cannot upload this type of file" :thumbs:

btrrg1969

I went to photo bucket and set up an account , then I added a picture and save it to my PC and that worked , I dont know how just yet to use photobucket , anyhow that worked :thumbs: This is all I wanted to do is show off this tractor

Attached Image

post-3-1288367633.jpg

btrrg1969

:thumbs:

rmaynard

Go to Photobucket and find the picture that you uploaded. Under it will be several different lines of code. One of them will say DIRECT LINK, another will say IMAGE CODE. The one that says IMAGE CODE begins %7Boption%7Dhttp;//...etc.

Copy that code and paste it to your post in RedSquare. That should be all you have to do.

If you are still unsure of how to do it, email me at rmaynard@qis.net and I will give you my cell phone number. You can call me in the morning and I will walk you through it.

Bob

btrrg1969
002-1.jpg002.jpg001.jpg1028101757a.jpg

btrrg1969

wow , he can learn , thanks for the help and being patient :thumbs:

Operator

It can be a hair puller for sure! I had to get a phone lesson on how to do it, took me a long time too. You'll get it.

Randy

catman81056

If you happen to erase the pics from Photobucket they also dissapear from where you posted them.

btrrg1969

well I be darn again , Thanks for thr info , I'll getit right some day :thumbs:

tarcoleo

Oh Great Red Square Ones-

I don't understand why RS employs such a confusing method for

posting photos. Aren't there better, more user-friendly systems?

Tom in RI :thumbs:

Don1977

Photobucket is easy to use they keep changing it around make it a

little difficult at times. I email my pictures to Photobucket. Then open it

up and hit "My Home" go down to the first picture " (don's album)" click on it

and the album opens up. Pick your picture and High Light " IMG Code" then copy.

Then leave I leave Photobucket open as I might have to go back for another picture.

Then back to Red Square and pick copy. Then hit "Preview" to check out your picture.

It shows up above your typed post, scroll down.

Duff

Oh Great Red Square Ones-

I don't understand why RS employs such a confusing method for

posting photos. Aren't there better, more user-friendly systems?

Tom in RI :thumbs:

Tom, I don't think it's our folks at RS who dictate the way photos have to be posted - I think it's the provider of the forum. Since the forum is hosted pretty much for free, I think we have to accept their terms. It may be a pain at times, but the overall benefits, at least for me, outweigh the difficulties!

Just my 2 cents worth! :wh:

Duff :)

btrrg1969

OK I think I have it under control now , I am really thankful for all the help. What I dont understand is how I have posted pictures in the past I now when I finnaly had something to show off , I start having trouble , anyhow its great to learn new things .The first tractor is the one I just finished with 65 hrs on it . The 312 is a 1992 that I bought back in January , the decals are not correct for this model , because I didnt find this forum till after I had already finish the restore and I didnt know about vinyl guy.

1030101338.jpg1030101338a.jpg1030101338b.jpg1030101339.jpg1030101345.jpg1030101345a.jpg1030101345a-1.jpg

Trouty56

Very nice...looks like showroom quality to me!!!

Horse'n Around

Man those are some really good lookin Wheel Horses. :thumbs:

John

dclarke

Nice lookin horses Brandon, :thumbs:

buckrancher

The pictures were worth the wait that's some nice looking tractors great job :thumbs: :)