Sign in to follow this  
clarnp49

Spindle Keys

clarnp49

Ok,

So I bought new spindles for my deck and I also bought a new center pulley. The problem is the spindles don't have key's in them and the center pulley is almost a 1/2" bigger and keyed.

Any suggestions for making this work? I still have one more spindle to buy so if I need to buy a different spindle please let me know. The center pulley is rounded obviously.

Thanks in advance.

TT

Do your original spindle shafts have a flat milled on each side? (also know as a "Double-D" :thumbs: )

(and your original pulleys were probably "cast iron".)

clarnp49

That is correct. The problem is I needed new spindles because the old ones were worn out, so I went to JacksSmallEngine.com and ordered the spindle which is round so I was just going to get a new set of blades as well. Is there an adapter or bigger spindle shaft I should be looking at?

glenn27

Do your original spindle shafts have a flat milled on each side? (also know as a "Double-D" :thumbs: )

(and your original pulleys were probably "cast iron".)

Double-D's are great--on some applications!!

:thumbs::D

{Sorry--couldn't halp that one....}

kj4kicks

Yeah, but they are usually high maintenence !

Ok to keep it on topic, you'll probably need all new pulleys to match the new spindles.

clarnp49

Ok to keep it on topic, you'll probably need all new pulleys to match the new spindles.

That's what I thought and then it occured to me. Ask the gentleman I bought the pulley from, he has the right one and I am all set. It's a 5/8" shaft instead of the old 3/4".

Thanks for the help Guys!