Sign in to follow this  
sail8870

Any good? #2

sail8870

a friend of mine tried out my new tractor, which is the same exact thing, and liked it so much he wanted to buy it off me. I'm trying to help him out by helping to look for some because i don't want to sell mine, is this one here a good deal? See anything fishy or anything like that?

Thanks

NO POSTING OF CRAIG'S LIST OR EBAY ADS UNLESS IT'S YOUR OWN AND IT'S IN THE CLASSIFIEDS - SEE RULES

Ad: Wheelhorse c141 8speed garden tractor / riding mower with Kohler K321 14hp, horizontal motor, 36", rear discharge cutting deck, snow plow w/ wheelhorse wheel weights and chains and all hardware complete. I used this tractor to mow about 1acre and plow snow since 1998 with very little problems. Always well maintained with grease, oil, filters, etc. I replaced the engine about 3 yrs ago with a used one in very good condition and started synthetic oil at that time. No way to know actual hours on the engine but it starts up quick every time and sounds real good. All metal is in good condition as it has always been stored indoors. $700.

WH nut

700.00 sounds a little steep, but Im cheap anyway. Now if you could get it between 4-5 jump on it

Ken B

The tractor looks clean. I don't really think the price is high. Its a runner with wheel weights, chains, blade and a mower deck. What more can you ask for? The attachments alone are worth about half of what he is asking if they were sold separate. I have had to buy chains myself a few times and they run upwards of 85 bucks.

dgoyette

Sail

I would pick it up for that price since it has all the extras. Worth that in my area all day long.

mavfreak

not bad price but always try to go less. Alot of goodies go with it

Gene_S

What...

Brrly1

Personally, I don't feel this guy has done anything WRONG. He is asking a question about a Tractor that he really doesn't know anything about and wants to know if the price is a fair price. He does not want to sell his friend his tractor and guess what he is one of several New Kids on the Block. I haven't really noticed any sarcastic attitudes in the replys. I say let him be. I know I am no one special but this is the only way he will learn. Maybe his friend will also join and want to learn how to work on these tractors. I am not arguing about the rules. I agree and understand maybe for once let this one slide. Can't hurt . My Opinion

See Ya, Bye Burly :thumbs:

:)

Brrly1

Sail8870, ok now that I have opened my mouth, Most everyone trys to get something for as cheap as they can get it. I think your friend would be safe in buying this tractor. All in all it looks like a good deal. have him go look at it test drive it, start it up not once but a few times, check the oil, maybe airfilter. Listen for noises, check for smoke, more less just the normal stuff. Make sure it goes in all the gears. Once he starts looking he should be able to figure it out. Looks good to me. Good Luck. See ya, Bye Burly :thumbs:

Gene_S

I agree with John... :thumbs:

mavfreak

John makes a very valid point

I'm going to just keep my mouth shut on this one :thumbs:

Coadster32

Althought the intent of this E-bay listing was good, innocent, and legit, I agree with T-Mo on this one. No listing period means no listing period. How far and who's the judge on the execptions? Easier not to make them. He, (newbie), could have described it with his own j-peg pics. Just don't put up the links. Seems fair enough to me. :)

BTW- :thumbs: Don't let this leave a bad taste in your mouth. This has been a little hot-button issue the Mods are trying hard to clean up. Alot of knowledge around here, and most are willing to share.

T-Mo

Sorry, guys, if you disagree. I actually brought this up in the Moderator's Forum as I don't have a problem, personally, with posting things like this. But, rules are rules. If we let this one go, then it would seem we're playing favorites. I don't make the rules, but I have to enforce them rather I agree or not.

There are several forums that have the same rule in place and get enforced more vigorously than we do here. We do want this to be a friendly place, but there has to be guidelines and rules.

If anyone wants to asked about a particular Craig's List ad or ebay ad, please copy and paste the ad, add any images that's in the ad, delete any contact info and post it here. Just don't link to the ad nor leave any contact information.

One final note, see Karl's latest post here: No Posting of Craig's List or Ebay Ads . Karl posted this after we discussed the issue in the Moderator's forum.

HankB

I'm with Terry on this. While there seems to be nothing particularly bad about the original post, allowing it opens the door to abuse. If you have to decide which CL ads are OK and which not, that makes more work for our moderators with little or no benefit to our users on the board. I'm really appreciative of the work our moderators do to make RedSquare available to us and see no reason to make their job more difficult. :thumbs:

That said, the large bold red text probably came off looking harsher than Terry probably intended. :wh:

And to the OP, :) and I hope you find the site useful. :)

best,

hank

sail8870

Haha jesus you guys are nuts, I'll ask and join another forum, thankS to all the non-nutcases for the info.

mavfreak

:thumbs: sail8870 can't blame you on that. I will probably do the same as soon as I find a good one. good luck with your tractor hunting and Have fun

sail8870

My tractor forum looks good, I'm goin there...

mavfreak

wheelhorse forum is good to if you just want wheel horse. I'll be going there

Brrly1

WOW!!!

stevasaurus

WOW!!!

John...I agree :thumbs:

wh79d160

:thumbs: Amendment? :) Doesn't bother me. :wh:

Gene_S

I have no problem with it myself (Like that even matters...) T-Mo you keep spouting rules... rules... rules... IT IS NOT IN THE RULES!!! If you click on the link at the top right, nothing is said in there. I careless if there is a post from Karl about this... Karl should put it in the rules if it is not allowed... When people sign up for this site they look at the rules or should and then they would know from the get go. Maybe they should have to read them and agree to them before being allowed in. By no means, I'm not trying to start a pissing match with anyone, by no means you T-Mo I know your just doing what your told but some people are just looking for advice. The whole crowd has taken a change here and alot of members that use to post all the time have went away and we have alot of newbies...

Take a couple minutes Karl and add this to the rules if it is not allowed... Make it LAW...

My .02 cents...

chazm

Never a dull moment around this place... :wh:

Hey sail8870 :)

Chaz :thumbs:

Brrly1

CLOSE THIS ALREADY!!! THE GUY WAS TRYING TO LEARN SOMETHING !!! SO MUCH FOR TRYING TO LEARN SOMETHING, SO HE DIDN'T HAVE TO SELL HIS FRIEND HIS TRACTOR. I KNOW A BUNCH OF TWO YEAR OLDS THAT ACT BETTER.

CAN YOU SAY RIDICULOUS THREE TIME FAST. THATS WHAT THIS AMOUNTS TO.

I AM NOT LOOKING FOR PEOPLE TO CHOOSE SIDES HERE BUT HELPING A PERSON IS WHAT THIS GROUP IS ALL ABOUT OR AT LEAST THATS WHAT I THOUGHT.

See Ya, Bye Burly :thumbs:

whfan74

Everything that needed to be said has been said...........let's move on and talk tractors.

Hang around sail............it is getting cold out. We are just getting cranky and getting the itch to get some seat time!

DoctorHfuhruhurr

HAPPY HALLOWEENY !!!!!!