Sign in to follow this  
chris11

Panzer tractor

chris11

I did a deal with Wayne, (Crazywheelhorseman) we did some trading.He is a great guy. Anyway i picked up a panzer 1962 to 1963 This thing very cool. Im going to start on it over the winter. not sure to restore or build a puller out of it. What do you think?

Sparky

Is it Panza or Panzer? I owned a Pennsylvania Panzer once but have never heard of a Panza. Unless its that Mass accent you all have up there Chris :thumbs: !

There is a guy here in Ct that has a Panzer puller and a restored one as well.

What to do with it....well you are a great customizer Chris :) .

Mike.........

chris11

Lmao Mike i fixed the spelling. Thank you for the kind words Mike. :thumbs:

Brrly1

How about pictures? Kind of difficult to decide without pictures? Like how far gone is it? Is it an easy restore? I mean if it looks complete or is it missing a bunch of parts that are hard to find? As of right now you are the only one who knows that. Pictures? :thumbs::):wh::)

See Ya, Bye Burly :)

:)

d180man

Hi i would restore it that is just me ! :thumbs: but :) good luck with it ! :) :wh:

Jim_M

How about pictures? Kind of difficult to decide without pictures? Like how far gone is it? Is it an easy restore? I mean if it looks complete or is it missing a bunch of parts that are hard to find? As of right now you are the only one who knows that. Pictures? :thumbs::):wh::)

See Ya, Bye Burly :)

:)

John,

You can't see the pictures? Might be time for bifocals old buddy.

Jim

jimt1971

Chris,

As a fellow Panzer owner I would say restore it.

Jim

chris11

Its in great shape, missing deck only. someone painted red but it should be blue. Ill take pictures

Don1977

Its in great shape, missing deck only. someone painted red but it should be blue. Ill take pictures

There's nothing wrong with "Wheel Horse Red". I like the blue sky, but It doesn't

look good on a tractor. :thumbs:

mavfreak

:thumbs:

Crazywheelhorseman

The panzer is a t70 and the sheet metal is in great shape including the fenders. and as for the guy with the panzer puller you must be refering to al hoffer.

chris11

Started on a full resto for my PANZER is that right Mike lol. Rebuilt the engine got it into paint. Taking it apart slow paint a few parts at a time. Ill take some pictures.Im doing all the paint and body work myself.

rickv1957

Good luck on your restore!,Rick

chris11

Rick welcome back, we all missed you

Redbirdman

You all bring back good mammeries! I always wondered about the time when I was about 12 or 13 in 1955 or so I went to a birthday party and the farmer was letting us kids drive around on his Panzer garden tractor. It was new, orange color and 3 wheeled! (I am positive of the 3 wheel because he warned us about turning too sharp or it would tip!)

But if it was 1955 then this kinda preceeded Cecil Ponds RJ 58 as I remember the Panzer as having a gear transmission!

I am sure I was not older since by the time I was in High school my dad was selling Wheel Horses in his garden center.

Issat possible? There were Panzers in '55? 3 wheeled and orange color with stick transmissions? The farmer also had an 'Agricat' dozer and an ME tiller!

ED :ychain:

TT

But if it was 1955 then this kinda preceeded Cecil Ponds RJ 58 as I remember the Panzer as having a gear transmission!

Many smaller tractors had multiple-speed gear drive transmissions prior to the Uni-Drive - including the 1946 Pond lever steer and it's "cousin", the Speedex model B. :ychain:

The whole "first kid on the block to build & patent it" :D Elmer laid claim to is his design of the transaxle - and the fact that the transmission, reduction gears, and differential are all contained in one common housing and controlled by one lever, with one common pedal controlling the brake/clutch function .

He didn't technically invent the transaxle either........ he just designed one to suit his application.

Perhaps this will enlighten the masses: Patent #2988185 .pdf file

Buzz

It was new, orange color and 3 wheeled! (I am positive of the 3 wheel because he warned us about turning too sharp or it would tip!)

Are you sure it was a Panzer? 3-wheels and orange sure sounds like a Bantam to me. Does anyone know for sure if any Panzers were painted orange from the factory? :ychain:

linen beige

good mammeries!

:ychain:

Redbirdman

Are you sure it was a Panzer

well, if my mammery :D (I mean memmiry) was correct it was a Panzer......but maybe I am confusing that with the German tank of the same era????

Perhaps it was a Bantam...........hmmmmm

ed :ychain:

BTW......whats a good site for either for pictures, any?

Redbirdman

wow! Thanks Chris, all these years and I guess it was a Bantam afterall.

BANTAM HOME

DAmn........ :ychain:(sorry about jumping up and shouting but I was all excited over remembering the 'ol dayz)

ED

wheelhorse656

i have to say panzers are one of my favorite tractors