Sign in to follow this  
bert55044

D160 snow thrower

bert55044

I have a D160 with a snow thrower with missing parts. I would like to find a manual if any one knows where it can be purchased. I opened the gearbox and found something like gray grease in the gearbox... not sure if that is correct or not. The parts list shows a big spring that I don't have either. Any information about the spring would help.

Gerry w

Welcome to RS!

The spring is a lift assist of sorts. It hooks to a bar that should be part of your transfer case and down to the blower. The manuals can be found, someone here will help you with that.

What other parts are you missing, hopefully you have the transfer box and pto shaft!

:thumbs:

defed

i have looked at the manuals available online, and the pics are difficult to see (most likely 'best available' copies from toro). i don't have a spring either, have used mine for a cpl years now. not sure why one would need lift assist w/ hydro lift?

d180man

Hi :wh::thumbs: :)

slufoot733

I have a snow thrower for my D200. The manual state the gear box is filled with Lithium grease :thumbs: . I would have thought it would have 80 or 90 weight gear lub but "the manual" states lithium grease......so that's what I have in mine.

KT