Sign in to follow this  
Buzz

Pumpkin Run.....Southern NJ

Buzz

The Pumpkin Run is only two weeks away, Nov 6. If anyone lives within a couple of hours drive, it's a show you don't want to miss. (Are you listening Butch, Jimt1971, Bob, Cas?) It's held in an old junkyard and a lot of the old cars and equipment are still buried in the weeds. It has something for everyone: garden tractor pulls, old tractors, custom vans, antique trucks, a small museum of auto racing in South Jersey, an old gas station, and if the weather co-operates, a couple thousand street rods. If you bring you tractor(s) to display/pull there is no admission charge. This is the last show of the year for most of us so come on out. Here's the link, be sure to check out the pictures.

http://www.flemingshows.com/

:thumbs::) :wh:

jimt1971

Buzz,

We should be there with a few tractors. See you there.

Jim

SALTYWRIGHT

HI..........IS ANY ONE FROM CT. GOING ? I MAY MAKE THE TRIP. RUSS :thumbs:

MikesRJ

Damn shame, that's the day I get back to the states. Sorry I'll miss this one. :thumbs:

clintonnut

marked the calendar!

Charlie

Buzz

Bump..... It's this Saturday.

formariz

Buzz

A couple of questions

Can one ride the tractor around grounds?

Seems that no registration prior to show needed to take tractor?

Is there a dock to unload and load truck?

taycotrains

Hey Cas

I haven't been there in years....but one thing I enjoyed about that show

was all the places to go "exploring" with a tractor.

I used to drive a RJ 58 all through the junkyard looking at all the stuff !

I have not been there since 2003 so I don't know if they changed the rules

on driving around the place....Buzz would know better.

Bob T

Buzz

Hey Cas, we ride around the trails through the piles of junk cars but can't ride through the flea market or where the show cars are. They have a dirt loading dock sorta like the at Wheel Horse show. They have a Haunted Junkyard hayride during October and it's neat riding the 'horses where the wagon went. Bob, are you coming this year?

taycotrains

No Buzz...I shut it down after Jacktown....everything is put away and the 56

Ford is winterized . I'm in "full train mode" from now till April.

BT

formariz

Made it to the show yesterday, with my nephew,and I am really glad I did.Great place, got to talk to Buzz, Warren, Charlie and Charlies' Dad. Pretty good turnout of Garden tractors even though it is really a car show. Definitely one of the greatest place to drive your tractors around with unusual scenery and all kinds of trail conditions.

It seems to me that every show I go to , there are more wheel horses than other brands and nicer restorations.They also seem to be dominating the tractor pulls.Charlie had a good showing there.

jimt1971

I tried my hand at pulling yesterday but in the 1150 class I had way too little engine and tire. Maybe it is time to start collecting parts to make a real puller. I need weights too. I was sitting on a 20# lead weight. My butt just defrosted.

Jim

Buzz

Pretty good turnout of Garden tractors even though it is really a car show.

A car show! Did you not see the Battleship New Jersey? The pumpkin chucker? The powerboats? The stockcar museum? The old gas station? The dinosaurs? The garden tractor pulls? Yeah, see, garden tractors. I told you it was a tractor show. :wh:

It was a good show and good meeting everyone. When I went to load my 854 the steering wheel turned but the wheels didn't. :) The roll pin holding the fan gear broke. With the help of a couple of friends kicking the front wheels I loaded it okay. It was interesting, to say the least, getting it from the truck to the shed when I got home. :thumbs: Last show of the year, I have all winter to fix it.

MikesRJ

:thumbs: :) :wh:

formariz

Buzz

I thought "unusual scenery" covered all of that :thumbs:

Funny what happen to your tractor, because one of the times we were riding around, I noticed that my nephew wasn't behind me riding his Suburban. I turn around to see him in the distance riding around at full speed in a circle and people running away from him.As I get closer I notice that the left front wheel is locked and the look of panic on his face.Finally with me gesturing and yelling to shut the ignition off he came to his senses and did so. Besides the big sigh of relief he gave me when I got next to him, I noticed that somehow the wheels turn too much on that tractor to the point that they hit the frame and I guess as he tried to make a sharp left turn, the left tire got wedged on the brake pedal making the brake and steering inoperable. I wish I had the camera, it was definitely a Kodak moment.

Buzz

I wish I had the camera, it was definitely a Kodak moment.

I think at that particular moment, having toilet paper was more important than having a camera :thumbs:

The steering problems were probably the work of the Jersey Devil, remember the whole month of October it is a "Haunted Junkyard".......

formariz

I think at that particular moment, having toilet paper was more important than having a camera

:thumbs: