Sign in to follow this  
btrrg1969

need input

btrrg1969

Whats works best in bring'n rusty chrome hub caps back? I bought SOS pads but I still have some rust , anything else? :thumbs:

Irv

The sos pads should take off the surface rust but if it's thru the chrome all you can so is clean it as good as you can and maybe spray with chrome paint

KB9LOR

I always used liquid turtle wax on my cragar chrome wheels back in the day.

GlenPettit

For small scratches on a Chrome Hub Cap, "wad-wrinkle" up some kitchen Aluminum Foil and rub that over & into the scratches (across, not with the scratch direction), then wax to seal it in. SOS can scratch easily, use 'Chrome Polish' to clean & polish the Hub Caps, gets most junk off them.

btrrg1969

For small scratches on a Chrome Hub Cap, "wad-wrinkle" up some kitchen Aluminum Foil and rub that over & into the scratches (across, not with the scratch direction), then wax to seal it in. SOS can scratch easily, use 'Chrome Polish' to clean & polish the Hub Caps, gets most junk off them.

I'll try that :) I knew someone here could help me :thumbs:

wheelhorse656

i have always use 2000 grit sand paper and it looks very nice afterwards :thumbs: :)

rueger-99

I've used the Aluminum foil trick on everything chrome that I own....You'll be amazed at how well it works. :thumbs:

Horse'n Around

I have always used 0000 steel wool and it works great.As stated earlier, you cant remove the pitting but the steel wool does a good job of removing the discoloration and polishing the chrome surface.

John

william.kinnaird

Whats works best in bring'n rusty chrome hub caps back? I bought SOS pads but I still have some rust , anything else? :)

try some brasso :thumbs: