Sign in to follow this  
DMK855

Made another Georgia haul ........

DMK855

Off to look at a RJ/Suburban here in Ga. Hopefully bringing it home if the price and condition are within reason!!

DMK855

Haul made.......

It is an RJ that is in need of some TLC!!!! It does run and drive so that is a big plus!!! A few things have been modified and a few things have been removed. I did get the original Clinton engine with it. I am going to have to try to get it running....... Or get it to Charlie!!!!

As we all know, PICS ARE IMPORTANT, so here they are!!

5bocc0.jpg

3006rtz.jpg

spdkif.jpg

2clmh0.jpg

DMK855

The Clinton.....

2hdo4za.jpg

2m5fe9u.jpg

The modified brakes...... :thumbs:

sfcr4n.jpg

Pulley in place of the brake drum......... :)

2qw3ewz.jpg

DMK855

Happy Camper.......

2yyrziw.jpg

Kelly

Looks to have a very nice hood , I've never seen a brake set up like that.

TT

Yeah..... that brake system is a bit scary. I guess you want to make sure the tranz is in gear before starting down a hill.

Evidently, the pulley on the brake shaft was the makings of a "rear PTO" of sorts - but operational only when the tractor is in motion. :thumbs:

wallfish

Nice score

You're ahead in the game with a gas tank and what looks like a decent, uncut hood.

DMK855

Yes, the brakes are kinda crude!!!!! Going to be looking for those parts first so if anyone has any spares laying around let me know!! Also would like to pick up a fender kit!!! As for the hood, it has a few extra holes, a couple small cracks, and welded at the bottom front!!

It appears that the Clinton does not have any compression. I will have to pull the head and investigate!!

Horse'n Around

Those RJs are cool looking tractors, at least what was done to it is easily undone and returned to origional.Thats a great looking tractor. Nice score :thumbs:

John

Roger from southern Iowa

Good find!! :thumbs:

horsefeathers

Ahhhh...Yes happier than a gopher in soft dirt!! :)

A fine peice of :thumbs: history! Great haul there!

Does that steamer trunk handle break band realy work?

I never question why a farmer does what he does! It worked for him!!!!

Thanks for the pics!!!

:wh: HORSEFEATHERS!

DMK855

Thanks all!!

Bud, yes, the ol' trunk handle brake works........ ONLY if it is in gear!!!

I have been down in the garage tinkering with the Clinton. Started with no compression and no spark. It had a stuck exhaust valve and I cleaned up the points. If you spray gas in the carb, it will run. I will pull the carb off tomorrow and clean it out and see if I can't get it running!! I should put a head gasket on it if it runs!!

hcminis

SWEEEET!!!!

Thanks for sharing

whfan74

Good little haul you made there and congrats on the progress with the Clinton! Good job on saving it! :thumbs:

stevasaurus

That is great find for down there. :thumbs: You did good... :)

DMK855

Clinton is on and running!! Looks alot better now than it did with the Briggs!!! :thumbs:

The one thing I need is some pictures of the throttle cable hook up to the gov. linkage if anyone has any!!!!

Zaemo

You're killing me. I guess that's what I get for being out of town. No wonder that guy wouldn't get back to me.

Still horseless...... :thumbs:

Z

DMK855

Z, sorry for the misunderstanding!! I thought you had one located in Ohio?!?! I have become attatched to this one already. I have a 607 I would let go of, but the tranny is very noisy and she puffs a little smoke!! Let me know!!

Zaemo

No worries! :thumbs: I decided to narrow my search to an RJ or Suburban. Gentleman in OH didn't have one in my price range. I have a line on a couple others. Good work keeping an eye out, though. Looks like a good resto candidate, I'm looking for something ready to go.

Good score, at least I know where it went! I'll have one soon enough.

Z

DMK855

Slowly aquiring parts for the old girl.... Thanks to Mike (MikesRJ) and Bill Jenkins!!

w0nbb9.jpg

14uyydd.jpg

Also picked up a hitch. Still need the implement lift handle assy., lift cable assy., and an air filter to the Clinton!!