Sign in to follow this  
KB9LOR

Yep! added one more to the Herd.

KB9LOR

Picked up this Raider 10 this morning, complete with a 36in RD deck. Does have a firing issue, found the problem though, one of the nubs on the flywheel was sheared off, working on getting a replacement now.

Here is a couple pics....

100_0966.jpg

100_0965.jpg

Lane Ranger

Great find Brian. I saw that posted with four good size pixtures last night on Craiglist in Indianapolis. Glad someone got it that will appreciate it. I saw he was asking $100 just to get it out of his shed.

Those "nubs" for the flywheel are available in a kit of two with instructions on how to install. I ordered two sets not long ago for my brother to install on his 1968 Raider 9 motor.

The last issue of the Lawn and Garden Collector Magazine also had the first in a three part article from Ed Stoller on how to upgrade the electronic coil for the Tecumseh HH-100 motor that you have. Hopefully your coil is still good but I was glad to see Ed's article on how to rebuild one.

:)

Gene_S

Nice catch Brian... That thing has a $100 seat on it... :)

hcminis

Nice haul. Think I saw it on C.L. this morning

KB9LOR

Great find Brian. I saw that posted with four good size pixtures last night on Craiglist in Indianapolis. Glad someone got it that will appreciate it. I saw he was asking $100 just to get it out of his shed.

Those "nubs" for the flywheel are available in a kit of two with instructions on how to install. I ordered two sets not long ago for my brother to install on his 1968 Raider 9 motor.

The last issue of the Lawn and Garden Collector Magazine also had the first in a three part article from Ed Stoller on how to upgrade the electronic coil for the Tecumseh HH-100 motor that you have. Hopefully your coil is still good but I was glad to see Ed's article on how to rebuild one.

:)

Called the guy when I saw it, no answer so I left him a e-mail and he got right back with me, he was at work, but could answer e-mail, and that was at 9:30 pm! Deck does have a few issues, but it can be fixed, no problem. Got the nubs fixed, still no fire, checked rectifier and stator and both are okay, going to have a friend of mine check the coil, if it is bad, I may just upgrade it. thanks for the lead on the "How To". much appreciated.

KB9LOR

Nice catch Brian... That thing has a $100 seat on it... :)

Did not know that.......not often you get one with a good seat. gonna be a nice addition once fixed

KB9LOR

Got it for 100.00, nice deal I thought, I sent my brother after it, he asked him if he was selling it too low, he told the guy, he didn't know much about them he was just the pick up guy!

whfan74

Got it for 100.00, nice deal I thought, I sent my brother after it, he asked him if he was selling it too low, he told the guy, he didn't know much about them he was just the pick up guy!

Sounds like you have your brother trained well! :)

KB9LOR
Nice haul.

Horse'n Around

Thats a nice find, the paint looks pretty good too.It looks just like the Raider 10 that I got a few weeks ago... well almost, mine needs a bit more help :) but thats what makes things fun. I hope that you find a cheap simple fix on your ign. That article in LGCM is really good,very helpfull.Plus theres lots of pictures to help with the instructions in the article.

Congratulations!

John