Sign in to follow this  
clintonnut

1277 resto

clintonnut

I sold my 876 to rideawaysenior and bought this from Eldon. Baerpath also owned this tractor at one point. Was mostly there but was missing belt guard, clutch, gas tank, steering wheel and the dash was cracked.

Last week I stripped it down to the bare frame and today I wire wheeled it and gave it some paint. Did a lot of work kinda tired!

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

Moving along to the engine I decided to replace the rod just for peace of mind and found that the engine has been bored .030 over. I then wire wheeled it once assembled again and installed a spare LP gas head I had.

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

Will be progressing quickly!

Charlie

Horse'n Around

Thats looking great, thanks for sharing,please keep posting updates too ok?

John

clintonnut

OK, lol

I know Davids RJ has no updates but we were just so tired that we didn't want to take pictures at 3am.

This one will be updated frequently.

Charlie

DMK855

Looks great Charlie!! You are off to a good start!!

massey

Looks great so far.

clintonnut

This thing is starting to turn into a MONEY PIT! I probably have $500 in it including the original price of the tractor.

I decided to use rubberized undercoating on the battery tray and the tool box when it is done.

Also have the HL-5s on it. Does anyone know where the switch should be?

What is the length of the drive belt for it?

Does anybody have dimensions for the drive belt guard so I can make a REPRO?

I plan on making 12 fan screens 2 for myself and 10 to sell. The screen is almost a dead on match just a little thicker so it won't crack easily like the originals did.

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

I also picked up this Westinghouse AC arc welder to use for a couple things on this. I got it this weekend for 100 bucks and it had about 10 pounds of unused welding rods which are very old. Not sure if I will use them or not. The welder probably weighs 250lbs at least it is on wheels!

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

PLEASE RESPOND TO MY QUESTIONS! I want this thing completely done in 2 weeks.

Charlie

TT

Also have the HL-5s on it. Does anyone know where the switch should be?

The switch should be where ever you want to drill the hole. :wh:

You have to remember that dealers (and owners) were putting light kits on these tractors for light and weren't worried about form - just function.

I have seen them mounted on the back side of the hoodstand, in the actual dash panel, and I even saw one mounted in the PTO lever bracket on the right side of the hoodstand. I really can't see anyone arguing with your decision as to where to mount the switch. :thumbs: Personally, I would put it in the dash panel.

As for the use of rubberized undercoating.......

Just make sure you never spill gasoline, paint thinner, etc. on it. You'll end up with runny brown goop everywhere. :)

massey

$500's nothing!

massey

You know what, when you finish with your tractor have Terry make you some decals for that cool old welder, love those wheels on it.

clintonnut

Here's some progress:

Just put the hood on for chits and gigs. I plan on welding a bushing on each tab so the hood is not so loose on its hinge.

IMG_0044.jpg

I bought these hydraulic hoses from surplus center for around $9 each! Even with swivel ends! I love surpluscenter.com! I still need some fittings. MADE IN USA!!!

IMG_0045.jpg

And here is the AWESOME PIECE!!!! I have 3 reproduction fan guards for 1965-67 hydro tractors! Same size screen but is just a little thicker so it doesn't crack like the originals did. I used a steel brake to make the nice bends in these. Made to exact dimensions! These three are for sale for $25 each to be shipped to your door! PM me with interest.

IMG_0042.jpg

Charlie

wingrider

Charley I'd sure like to have 2 of those fan guards let me know how much ,

for freight and guard.

Wingrider

P S I'm in east central Illinois 60931

TT

He already did:

for sale for $25 each to be shipped to your door! PM me with interest.

Ken B

The 1277 is looking very nice Charlie. You are inspiring me!

clintonnut

I Made 6 more fan guards today which are for sale

jasoncracer

:thumbs: coming along nice

clintonnut

A little more progress:

Hydraulic hoses hooked up at last and fender pan painted as well as some other stuff.

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

Charlie

Trouty56

Charlie,

What size NPT hydraulic hose and adapters did you use?? I don't know these sizes very well but I do know they are larger than what I think they would be. I'm guessing 3/8 but then again I don't know. Looks like you used a section of hose with straight through swivels at the valve and elbow swivels at the pump and cylinder.

I have one of the short hoses on a C-160 that is rubbed badly and if I can get a hose with a couple swivels...heck, why not replace them all to look nice like yours do.

Thanks,

clintonnut

The fittings are SAE 5M o-ring which is 7/16-20 and the other end of the fitting is JIC 4 or 1/4. Hoses are 1/4" with JIC swivel ends.

Charlie

Trouty56

Well not as cut and dry as I thought.... I'll do some more looking on that site you so kindly posted...surpluscenter.com. Thanks for the info Charlie!!

jasoncracer

what kind of lights are those? i had one pair on muy 702 id like to get another !

clintonnut

Its a hl-5 kit

jasoncracer

ok are those actually wheel horse lights or if you dont mind were can i purchase a pair?

clintonnut

Update!

Been stripping wirewheeling sanding and straightening the hood and it is almost there also took tires and rims off my 652 and am buying 3 rib fronts for it need to order some decals soon and finish some wiring

Also posted some pics of the workshop my mom got me this spring aka mancave

61383afe.jpg

4f87a7d7.jpg

9bedcd92.jpg

6eaab111.jpg

Heres my way of making the hood pivot right; weld a 3/8 colar to each side spreads out the wear surface area and not wobbly

6881231b.jpg

23adf497.jpg

93fc8ac5.jpg

0b481b7f.jpg

Charlie

wallfish

That thing looks sweet Charlie!

I gotta get me one of those big, 60s tractors.

dclarke

i like your idea on the hood pivot Charlie. You got that thing lookin GOOD! keep the pics coming. :thumbs: