Sign in to follow this  
persof

Mid Mount Grader Blade

persof

I have a 312-8 and need to do some leveling in in my nephew's yard but my front blade that works so well in the snow tends to "ride up" and over dirt :)

Do the mid mount grader blades let you apply downward pressure to the blade using the lift leaver?

Thanks

Francis

:USA:

TT

Either blade can have "down pressure" if a solid lift link is used.

Forest Road

I use a chain to attatch the blade to my lift mechanism. I set the height w/ the knob. And whenever I want down pressure I make sure I have a good set of boots on. The tires and chains will destroy sneakers. Even without downpressure it works so much better than the plow. Good Luck

Kevin

Duff

Kevin, I think I'd go with TT's solid lift link and control down pressure with the lift lever. If you ever get caught up between the wheel and the blade you could really trash an ankle or foot! :USA::wh:

Duff :)

B-8074

The solid link works well. I can lift the front of the tactor off the ground with the one on my front dozer blade.

Kelly

Yup I have a solid link, and on my 520 I can hold the front of the tractor about 1" off the ground, with my 50" mid grader blade.

persof

Unfortunately mid mount grader blades are hard to find. Do some models allow you to set the angle from the seat like the front blade?

Thanks

Francis

pumper.atv

I belive the newer ones can be adjusted from the seat

You don't ever want to get your feet caught by the tire. I had it heppen once on a three-wheeler and it hurts bad :)

:USA:

Forest Road

I have the solid lift link. I got it off a hydro tractor. Is there a difference between that and the manual lift tractors? The link doesn't match up anywhere. It looks like it should hook into the rear lift mechanism where the snowblower rod mounts.

Forest Road

Thanks!!!!!

Forest Road

Thanks guy! I had a chance to hook up the 50" grader w/ the solid link this weekend. I only minutes to play with it. And I'm blown away at how well it works on a manual lift mechanism. And it was a royal PIA! the get the lift link installed. I feel like an idiot for using it with the chain.