Sign in to follow this  
TJ

TJ

I restored this tractor for a friend of mine. It had belonged to his brother who died unexpectedly from a heart attack. It is the intention of my friend to keep the tractor in rememberance of his brother. It was an honor and a privilege to be asked to put my modest skills to the task.

Before:

IMG_0289.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

After:

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0530.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_0529.jpg

IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0536.jpg

IMG_0537.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Tom

Horse'n Around

Tom, You did a really great job on your friends tractor. Im sure he will be super happy with the outstanding result as well as your hard work, its a truly fitting tribute to your friends brother. Very well done :)

John

wheel horse 1045

truly a work of art :)

dclarke

Very nice Tom, looks better than new! :)

Gene_S

Tom that is a fantastic job you done! It does look better then new like Denny said! :) Now if you could get a decal from Terry that says "In Rememberance of XXXX." With the guys birth and death dates on it, that would be awsome...

Kelly

Very nice, and you told me yesterday it looked just ok, I'd say it is top notch, very fine work you did, you should be proud.

rmaynard

Very nice job TJ. I'd been wondering where you were. :)

Now I know. :USA:

Bob

hoppy

That is one heck of a job you did there. builds revolving around a lost one always mean so much more. i can tell the time and care you put into this one.

on a side note......i envy your shop space! awesome setup and obviously your a man that likes a clean organized area. very nice. someday i will have a shop like yours!

what is that little buggy thing in one of the pictures?

Edjfleming

Great job, ill drop mine off today, Just joking. Great job again!!

Gerry w

Really excellent work, your going to have to convince him that its the same rig! Really incredible,large skills is what you meant to say.

And I agree with the comments on your shop, the pics always make me "green". Love the end table at the end of the sofa!

MikesRJ

:) :USA::wh:

Great looking work Tom. Was wondering what you'd been up to.

jusjeepn

Excellent work Tom! I've been to Tom's and his shop is super nice! I am also curious about the buggy?

Retired Wrencher

:) :USA::wh: Tom very nice job on the 875 I am sure this will make u and your friend closer and enjoy your labors of this fantastic Hobey. enjoy the day and (nice man cave) I think we should start a topic on this and see all of the others and see how they spend so much time in there favorite spot in the house. T/C Gary B...........

Rollerman

Tom outstanding job on the 875 & once again I'm in awe of your clean, clutter free, workplace.

JimD

Tom, you did a wonderful job, and it was a wonderful thing to do. Everyone needs friends like you, and I must say, I'm proud to have met you. I too am curious about the buggy. Could you tell us more about it? Maybe in a thread? I'm sure it would be of interest to many here on "The Square".

dandan111

Nice,looks like you did alot of work. It looks great.

stevasaurus

Tom...super nice job. Did your friend get to help you with the restore? What a great feeling to be able to help people like that. Thanks for sharing TJ. :)

stoneman

wow . . . :)

did you do the dash yourself? and the painting on the Kohler and the hood looks outstanding. even the engine id tag looks new. it's not is it?

bustedglass

Wow, Wow, WOW...... You did a great job Tom. Your friend should be VERY grateful of your accomplishments and skills that it took to bring that old girl back :) . Thanks for sharing.

P.S. - I LOVE your shop..........

KC9KAS

Excellent looking restore!

TJ

Thanks for all of the compliments. The tractor would alternate between being a labor of love, or a headache, on a daily basis. In the end I got her running decently, and the cigarette lighter to work, so I guess it turned out okay.

Stoneman: The dash is a decal, and the engine plate I removed, cleaned up and riveted back in place.

Gerry W: If the carburator float sticks open one more time on that 654, I might just turn it into an end table.

I will try to get some photos of the mini car and post a thread in another section tonight. A little story goes with that, too.

Thanks again.

Tom

mnWHfan

That's a nice looking tractor Tom. You did a great job on it.

Dockfishin

not bad, not bad at all.... Think I'll drop mine off tomorrow and just stop by and watch every now and then..... :)

tgranthamfd

Tom, excellent restore and awesome intentions. :) :USA:

squonk

Awesome job. But I see a speck of dust on that counter near that hood. Better take care of it pronto before anyone else sees it! :)