Sign in to follow this  
mattd860

H55B Governor System

mattd860

I need pictures of the linkage and hookups for the cables on a Suburban 550. I will need accurate measurements of the links so I can make them.

If someone can also take pictures of the throttle and choke cable routing that would be great too.

Thanks

mattd860

Ok a couple members have sent me pictures of the area in question. However each member had a slightly different way to route the linkages. I now know of two ways to route the linkages but still not sure of the 100% correct (factory) way.

Member #1:

100_2180.jpg

100_2178.jpg

100_2177.jpg

100_2170.jpg

100_2176.jpg

100_2172.jpg

Member #2:

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

So which is the correct way?? :)

mattd860

Thanks Mike!!

I didn't really see anything resembling the governor links. Page 14 of the PDF (16 of the manual) show a typical governor linkage layout but it doesn't look like anything I've seen before. Did I miss something??

MikesRJ

Nope, you didn't miss anything. I thought that, and teh description, might lead you to the answer.

mattd860

It helps a little. But on the H55B, I don't believe the spring goes between the governor and control lever. The spring should go between the control lever and the throttle control arm (the arm that connects directly to the throttle cable).

I think in the end, the routing doesn't matter as long as the governor can effectively control the throttle plate in the carb and also as long as the correct spring is used. I think if the linkages are setup like both examples above, the system should work as intended.