Sign in to follow this  
546cowboy

Newest addition to the Herd.

546cowboy

I just picked up a tractor, 48" deck and a 48" dozer/snow blade this morning. I just couldn't help myself. I saw it on CL and that is a rarety in my part of Indiana. They always seem to be 200 miles or more from me in MI or Ohio or on the East coast.

The model # on the tag is 91-16KS01 which is I believe a C-161 with a Kohler K-341AS. The PO said he bought the deck new 3 years ago for $900.

It needs some work but that is just the way it always is. For the price I got it for there is no way I can go wrong.

If I am wrong about it being a C-161, let me know.

Retired Wrencher

:) :USA::wh: 91-16KS01 1979 C Series Garden Tractor C-161 Automatic Kohler K341AS-71246A 16 Sundstrand 90-1173 I belive this is it T/C Gary B.

Duff

Hey, Cowboy! Congrats on your purchase!

Now.........

:USA:

Duff :)

C-Series14

Answered you on the other site, the pics are of a 1985 or newer style tractor. I think the Toro name was added to the hood in the late eighties. The engine looks like a C-161 engine but the tractor in the pic is not a C-161. Where did you get the VIN number from?

Look at the C-161 pics in the gallery....

Nice find though! :)

546cowboy

Well the numbers came off the tag under the instrument panel. Yes it is a C-161 but some where along the line somebody changed the hood. I've had some time to do some cleaning and a few minor repairs.

It is sitting outside right now getting some paint dry in the sun. I know some of you go crazy and disassemble everything but I just try to keep it simple and keep the rust off. I have working tractors and not show tractors. It has the plow mounted under there right now.

C-Series14

Yea, changed the hood and hoodstand...

I am one of the crazy ones, I confess! :)

546cowboy

I have a 16 Automatic that I might be able to change the parts off of. But now Toro parts show two different hoods for a C-161.

One says for twin which is flat on top and the other is just like the one on the 16 Auto. Do you think the dealer the PO bought the tractor from would have went to the trouble to change all those parts to put that newer hood on?

The dash panel does look like it's not the original the way it is attached and there is an awful lot of sterring shaft between the wheel and top of the dash.

dgoyette

"Newest addition to the herd...I just couldn't help myself"

Really...that has never happened to me.

Congrats and of course, would like to see some photos when you get some.

C-Series14

All he would have to change was the dash part of the hoodstand and the hood. It is the part next to the hood and bolts to the lower part which is bolted to the frame. These tractors and parts are very interchangeable.

As for the 2 C-161 hoods, I answered on the other site but one hood is for the C-161 with the Kohler and the other is for the C-161 Twin with the B&S and it is fiberglass...