Sign in to follow this  
wh79d160

Wheel Horse @ auction

wh79d160

:) A guy called me this morning from an auction, (which is tomorrow). He said there is a wheel horse there but he doesn'nt know what it is. The tag # is 62-13368. I looked on the toro site, but can't find that #. Any one have any ideas?? Thanks in advance.

stevasaurus

It could be a 502...702...552. The 62 tells you the year, the rest is the serial number. :)

Duff

I think I've read here in the past that Kansas isn't exactly overrun with :USA: tractors?

Best be headed for that auction, buck-o!

Duff :)

smokin joe

The only thing i can come up with that starts with the 62- is the A series tractors.Good luck :)

Shuboxlover

Good luck Tom!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you bring it home if it's what you want.

:)

Gene_S

It could be a 502...702...552. The 62 tells you the year, the rest is the serial number. :)

Steve my 1054 s/n starts with a 62-XXXX. But more then likely its a 702... Seems like they made a bunch of them...

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?...t=0entry85929

wh79d160

Just got back from the auction. There was a c-165 that appeard to have a newer engine(grey). It sold for $380.00 but hadn't been started in awhile. w/tiller $50.00, dozer blade $22.50 & all kinds of home made brackets & implements ect. That is the 1st black hood I've seen in person & I must say, imo, those plastic rear fenders ruin that tractor. Of course it was cracked & a faded pink color. The other one was a round hood. The old guy who owned this stuff has been gone for 5yrs . His son said it took him 2 months to find all the scattered parts to put the round hood back together. He didn't think the rear end was original. The belt guard was home made & the front steering/spindles had both been welded on quite a bit. It had a real nice mower deck with it. It all sold for $475.00. All I got was a nice brinly sleeve hitch plow w/coulter for $10.00 :) & an earthway planter w/hitch adapter for $1.00 :USA: I normally don't have good luck @ auctions, but this time it was ok.

KC9KAS

I usually spend all day at an auction, the 1 item I want sells last, and it starts out more that I want to pay!

I did get some rear wheel weights and some tire chains at the tractor & steam show today. I will have to do some alterations to both, but for $45.00 for all of it, I can do that!

Shuboxlover

w/tiller $50.00, dozer blade $22.50

:):USA::wh: why didn't you by these??????

Kelly

w/tiller $50.00, dozer blade $22.50

:):wh::) why didn't you by these??????

I thought the same thing :USA:

Horse'n Around

It sounds like there was some pretty good stuff there. The dozer blade would be nice to have :)

John

wh79d160

The tiller was very greasy underneath between the tines, the small idler pulley was froze, the belt had actually wore into it, & the back side of the top cover looked like some one shot it w/a 12 guage , beat it back together & had a blind guy w/a stick welder weld it up. I was thinking about buying it for Tom Bahner, but he has nice stuff & didn't think he would want it. And the dozer blade. I don't have anything that fits it. Tom B. is the only one around here that does & he has 2. I also should have bought a craftman leaf schredder vac/chipper that was a year old that the old guy, a different old guy, not the dead old guy, only used last fall. It looked new, just a little dusty :USA: $24.00,twenty four dollars :) I don't have any trees, but I'm sure I could have found some one who did.

tbbahner

Hey Tom,

Glad you didn't go away empty handed. The wife always buys more stuff at auctions than I do. I usually have the same luck as KC9KAS at auctions so I rarely go to them.

The round hood might have gone pretty high from your description. The C165, not so bad, but I agree with the plastic fenders, they suck. A $50 tiller is a good price. Not much to them to fix.

Thanks for the kind words on my junk. It all starts out rusted and crusted since usually pull them outa the weeds- love the taste of rust being ground off.

Thought you would make the break from those big D's.

Later

Tom B