Sign in to follow this  
TonyCooper

Snow Cab for a 520

TonyCooper

My father in law is looking for a Snow cab to fit his 2000 Wheel horse 520. We stumbled upon one that is currently on a mid 70's C-16.

Does anyone know if they are compatible?

Thanks, Tony

kamsdad97

I have a snow cab from a c-141 1979 and have someone interested in it... he said it will fit on a 520... call your local dealer to find out they should know. p.s. what is a fair price for one in great shape?

TonyCooper

I just contacted a fellow who had sold his 1976 C series Wheel Horse and purchased a a 520. He told me that they would not fit. He has a snow cab for the C series for sale for $200 and had just purchased the one that fits the 520. It is listed in the classified ads on this site.

I contacted another person who was selling his mid 70's C series and he wanted $400 for his snow cab.

I have found a source for new cabs that I think will fit the 520 for $600

Calling them in the next day or two.

Tony

kamsdad97

I think 200 is a good price.... 600 for new sounds pretty good too

bobert94

I have had the same snow cab for the past 15 or 20 years it has been on various tractors in that time incuding a 1980 C-165, It is presently on a 1993 520 :)

Shuboxlover

I have a cab for my 1976 C-160......I compared my 520 to see if it would fit, I don't see how it would. I don't see where the piece that bolts on the left and right side of the hood stand on the C-160 would bolt onto the 520. :) :USA:

zieg72

2 things come to mind?? He is asking for a 2000 model, would that be a 520XI?, very different tractor I thought. 2nd is yes the older cabs to fit the up to 1997 520's however the seat has to ride 2 notches forward and with the larger steering wheel it is rather close to my belly being fully dressed and bundled up for hours of fun. I put an older smaller C-165 steering wheel to help that last situation. They make cabs with extra room for the 520's, there are several here that have them.

bk-scouter

My father in law is looking for a Snow cab to fit his 2000 Wheel horse 520. We stumbled upon one that is currently on a mid 70's C-16.

Does anyone know if they are compatible?

Thanks, Tony

Have you checked with your local Toro dealer to see if a new one can be ordered? I think they can still be bought for the 315's. I'm not sure if they have the extra room in the back for the seat though ...

-BK