Sign in to follow this  
terrys69

What rear is in my wheel horse?

terrys69

I know it is a 12hp 8 speed. the model is 10350-8 or B cant tell the difference and the serial num is 919 405

Duff

10350 (actually 1-0350, but the "dash" may not appear on the serial number plate) makes it a 1973 Raider 12 8-speed. No idea about the "-8", unless that's the 8-speed designator. :USA:

Duff :)

terrys69

What rear end would this have the 8 pinion rear or the 10pinion rear?

Duff

That one I'll leave to the experts - I'm not that good with the early trannies. Others, please chime in!

~Duff :)

terrys69

I did some research myself from a on line manual and said that it came with a 5073 tranny which is a 10-pinion rear so i anserwed my own question. i am buying this tractor for 200 with a bad engine? is that a good price?

Duff

That's probably the hardest question to answer of anything you could ask us here at the forum - it all depends on so many things: condition of the rest of the tractor, how scarce tractors are in your neck of the woods, how badly you want it, and on and on.....

I'm not trying to be difficult or smart-ass - it's just that value on these tractors is incredibly subjective. Bottom line I guess is if you have the $200 to spend and you want the machine, then it's a good deal. As you already know, there are a ton of us here willing to help you out in getting it up and running!

Good luck!

~Duff

terrys69

thanks, i think i will try to get it for 150. but at that the same time i am looking at a couple of different wheel horses to start up a collection.lol

racinfool40

The 12-8sp raider is a great little tractor I picked this one up for 300.00 with dozer blade deck and extra set of wheels and it ran good

DSCF1530-1.jpg

And this is it now

DSCF1685.jpg

so In my opinion 150 to 200 sounds fair non-running is their any attachments??Thers alot of thing to think about. Is there a motor does it turn over,does it have compression. Theirs plenty of Gals& Gents willing to help here. Just ask away :) and :USA:

terrys69

just the deck

SAM58

The Raider 12's have a 5073 Trans. 10 pinion limited slip, they pull better than most Unidrives. really good 8 speed, the guys that build the machines for tractor pulls like that trans. because they are tough.

I don't think you can go wrong, My brother used his to plow about 5 acres with his every summer, then I got it and used it to mow with for 14 years.

I restored it this summer and he bought it back from me.

You can find a service manual on this site that tells everything ou need to know... :)

Forest Road

I sold a non running Raider 12 for $50. After I took the chains, weights, and seat off it. So I got my money back.

I bought a 2001 312-8 w/ a 12.5 OHV and super clean 48 SD for $200. I sold the deck for $300. So it really depends on what you want and what you're willing to pay. Here in North Jersey the machines seem to be plentiful. And then you have to hope to find someone who just wants it gone. Happy hunting.

I've been really fortunate in what I've purchased. The repairs have all been reasonable. Infact if you pull the seals from a tranny and take them to an autoparts store they're half the price of Toro. Same goes for the belts.

terrys69

Im thinking bout building this into a pulling tractor or just fixing it up just to use it around the house.

Forest Road

A few guys on this forum told me that some Raiders came w/ a limited slip rear. Your's might have it. I don't know how well they worked given the small size of the tractor. But its somehting different.