Sign in to follow this  
TT

Inexpensive PC cooling fan source

TT

A while back I had asked Karl about a potential problem with the hard drive in my Dell Dimension 8250. After closer investigation, I found that the main cooling fan was the source of the noise, and I started looking for a replacement. Turns out that the fan is a 92 X 32 mm 0.85 amp variable speed 12VDC unit designed to cool the entire machine, except for the power supply.

I had seen prices as high as $173 for this type of fan and happened to stumble across a discussion on a message board about suitable replacements.

Turns out a company in TX by the name of Skyline Graphics had the identical replacement for my fan, and it was only $16. :thumbs: I also purchased the four new rubber mounting pins ($1) and it was shipped out via Priority Mail on Monday and was here today. Total cost was $23, which I think is a lot better than $173! :D

I thought it would be a good link to add here - since we all have to access RedSquare on some type of computer.

Who knows -- one of you guys might need a fan soon. :thumbs:

Skyline Graphics Home

whchris

think it will stop the vibrating computer?

i already checked the fan and replaced it just because i was there and had one on the shelf

Sparky

Try mountin it on a big rubber pad :thumbs::thumbs:

Mike................

TT

think it will stop the vibrating computer?

i already checked the fan and replaced it just because i was there and had one on the shelf

Maybe you need to quit watching the sulky video from Joe! :thumbs::D :thumbs: