Sign in to follow this  
puddlejumper

h55 questions

puddlejumper

I have what is supposedly the remains of the original h55b for my 550. Earilier this year I acquired what was suppossedly a h55d from a 552. I got the d purring like a happy kitten today. While digging through my parts looking for diodes to make the charging system work(came up 1 short) :) . I noticed that the b just had a 3/4 output shaft. where as the d Has a 1" also there is a slight difference in the 2 wilco flywheels. Is this correct or have I run up a stump as far as building what at least would appear to be an original engine for my 550.I can visibly detect no other differences in the two engine blocks or heads.

puddlejumper

:USA: OK guys If anybodys interested I think Ive got it and should have looked at another clue :) (small tag on block of engine I thought was a d). Engine I have running is a HT55a 3088 (recoil stsrt only) with a best guess a flywheel and blower housing from a h55d making it electric start. I believe this engine will go on my 552 should be ht55C 3089; but since the electric start has been installed.(CLOSE ENOUGH).

Back to the drawing boards for a original engine for my 550 though.Oh well the fun is in the hunt anyway. :wh:

Kelly

I know nothing about these engine other than your a lucky man to have them period, let alone a good running one :)

Coadster32

My h55d is a 3/4 shaft. I got it off an Ariens snow-thrower. Tilison carb isn't right, but I'm happy enough. Just did a valve job, new points/condencer, paint, and she runs good. :)

puddlejumper

coadster I will have to agree with kelly its close to a 50 year old (running) tecumseh. There isnt one in every old barn throughout the country. Sometimes you got to say close enough. :)

sorekiwi

The engine I'm talking about in your other thread (from my 502) is a HT55C-3088, and it has the 1" crankshaft.

puddlejumper

well mine is a A instead of a c as mentioned above. Not sure but I think that make mine 2 years older