Sign in to follow this  
signboss

pics wanted

signboss

I would like to see pics of a 310-8 or similiar with mid grader blade how do they hook up to tractor? :)

whfan74

:USA: First of all before we get too far which grader blade are you referring to? Are you wanting hook up for 40" or 50" blade. They hook up completely different.

Good luck! :)

signboss

not sure i was thinking it would be good to grade driveway and remove snow what size would be good for this size tractor?

:)

whfan74

I have a 40" blade that I have put on a C-85 and is now currently on one of my Commando 8's. From the sounds of what you are wanting to do either one would work fine. The 50" blade can be angled from the seat where as the 40" can not.

It seems that I have seen more of the 40" blades available lately. Either one will work for your application.

Shuboxlover

While I have never used my mid grader blade to move snow or rock, would a front dozer blade be better for snow? :USA: while a mid might be better for rock? :)

TT

If the 40" (true mid-mount) blade is new enough, it can be angled from the seat - more easily on tractors without footrests though. The first design did require the operator to reach under the tractor and release the lock pin.

I built one and made the release handle longer so it could be reached from the seat:

grader2.jpg

282c9882.jpg

They work pretty well for scraping the hard-pack snow off once the area has been cleared with a dozer blade, but using one to remove all of the snow would mean that the front tires are packing the snow ahead of the grader.

3108060.jpg

I don't agree with the design of the push-style grader blade, but I have never used one. Of course this is only my opinion -- but if all of the "real" motor graders (Cat, Galion, Champion, A-W, etc.) pull their blades, there must be a reason. :)

signboss

thanks for the info :USA: any more pics? :)