Sign in to follow this  
mavfreak

some stuff I picked up yesterday

mavfreak

I answered a craigslist add yesterday and finally got ahold of a mower deck. I have been looking for about 8 months for one. I also got a bonus in the seat and seat pan/fender.

The deck is in great shape some rust as to be expected but solid and no patches.

The seat has a small rip but still in great shape. The fenders is in great shape with a small amount of rust but looks really good.

The guy I got it from has no idea what they are off of other than it was a hydro and had a 12 hp koler on it.

The fender is for sale if anyone is interested.

1285073282.jpg

SAM58

Deck is missing alot of stuff.... :)

kajamo240

Deck is missing alot of stuff.... :)

Parts deck maybe?

mavfreak

You guys just see whats in front of you. I have already fab'ed up and need to pick up a belt. once I pick that up I'll be able to postion it were it needs to be. The deck has all new bearings in spindles. and blades may be two years old.

Save Old Iron

Kudos to you Heath.

for seeing the "possibilities".

:) :USA:

mavfreak

sorry but sometimes it frustrates me when people can't see what could be or see the fun that could be had in making something work

Thanks Chuck

stevasaurus

Ya know SOI and Heath...I think I want to just throw up. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think Sam was just making an observation. He certainly did not know what Heath had in mind and may not have known about Heath's expertise. I think Heath could have stated what he had in mind before he enlisted comments from the peanut gallery. When you say, "look what I got", and that is all...an observation is not out of line. :)

MikesRJ

Can't we all just get along?!?! :)

rodney-king.jpg

mavfreak

ok guys sorry. Hope steve can stop throwing up now that I said sorry. And I really didn't expect to piss someone off but its kinda fun.

mavfreak

here it is mounted and after about an hour of mowing. Works great!

1285113229.jpg

WheelHorse_of_course

Personally, I'd mount it first and then find a belt, but hey, that's me!

:USA: :)

mavfreak

needed the belt so I knew were the deck would sit so I could weld it to the brackets.

I used the attach o matic setup on a deck that wasn't set up for it.

Or maybe the setup is different on a side discharge rather than a rd.

I used the setup that was on my commando 800 that was a 38" rd deck. I mounted all the brackets from it onto the 42" sd deck that I just got (that is of unknown year to me). Nothing matched up so I had to make work. I then mounted the lifting mechanism to the '78 C161 and slid the deck under it put on the belt push the deck back as far as the belt would allow me. dropped the carriage on to the deck took some measurements and made some marks. Then pulled the deck out from under the tractor drilled some holes welded some brackets and filed some holes square. I slid it back under tractor and hooked it all up and went out and mowed.

pumper.atv

Well you got got it mowing and thats all that counts :) :USA:

Raider 12

needed the belt so I knew were the deck would sit so I could weld it to the brackets.

I used the attach o matic setup on a deck that wasn't set up for it.

Or maybe the setup is different on a side discharge rather than a rd.

I used the setup that was on my commando 800 that was a 38" rd deck. I mounted all the brackets from it onto the 42" sd deck that I just got (that is of unknown year to me). Nothing matched up so I had to make work. I then mounted the lifting mechanism to the '78 C161 and slid the deck under it put on the belt push the deck back as far as the belt would allow me. dropped the carriage on to the deck took some measurements and made some marks. Then pulled the deck out from under the tractor drilled some holes welded some brackets and filed some holes square. I slid it back under tractor and hooked it all up and went out and mowed.

I don't know for sure but it looks like it would bolt right up to my Raider 12. As a matter of fact it looks just like the deck thats on mine right now except for the color.

stoneman

good ol american inginuety. way to go heath :)

WheelHorse_of_course

Well you got got it mowing and thats all that counts :):USA:

Amen!

Save Old Iron

ok guys sorry. Hope steve can stop throwing up now that I said sorry. And I really didn't expect to piss someone off but its kinda fun.

It's not that I mind someone else having a good time at my expense,

but its the innocent bystanders who suffer the most.

Cleanup is expected to last for weeks !

Attached Image

post-4-1285155049.jpg

mavfreak

Your raider did it have a hydro? I looked it up in the pictures section and it looks alot like what was described to me of which the the deck and seat came off of.

And for curiosity sake how does the mounting system work on those older tractor for I am only familiar with the newer set up?

tgranthamfd

Not sure on the deck model, all I have worked with is the mid 70's and up, bet that one is a little older. Nice job on getting it to work for you. :)

HankB

Your raider did it have a hydro?

A Raider with a hydro would be a Charger, no?

mavfreak

that could be I may be familiar with some models but not all.

mavfreak

me and the Helper got a chance to get a few pictures tonight.

1285287903.jpg

1285287925.jpg

1285287949.jpg

Here is my helper. She is with me all the time. If I lose a nut or bolt she knows were she put every single one she picked up. And yes mom gets upset when I bring her in the house covered in dirt and greese!

I love it!

1285287872.jpg

B-8074

Looks real good. Nicely done. It's nice to have a helper that knows where all the nuts & bolts are. :) :USA:

gwgdog66

That deck is identical to one I sold a few months back. Cast Iron pulley's the blades are attached by a bolt. The belt guard is a one piece unit. I wish I would have kept the parts list on it. I think the model number is 65-42Ms01