Sign in to follow this  
harleyjj

need some advice

harleyjj

Looking at a few tractors and need some advice and pros and cons so I can make an educated decision.

I am looking for a tractor to use for snow removal primarily but also as a resto project for my son and I to play with. the contenders as of now are

1. C-81 has mower deck I would need a blade

2. CG7 with a blade needs deck and what looks to be a newer briggs 8 hp engine

3. 655 has deck need blade

4. older 8 hp 4 speed has deck needs blade

What are the big differences in these machines?

Is one better suited to snow removal than the other?

I also am looking for a plow or tiller to cultivate a small garden will that implement work with all of the above?

sorry for all the novice questions I just want to make the right choice, Thanks in advance

bo dawg

I don't know what the CG7 is, but as far as the other 3 I would say the C-81 would be your best bet. It would be a heavier tractor.

bo dawg

Oh! and :)

Sparky

I vote for the C-81 myself.

Mike........

fireman

C-81 has my vote :)

SALTYWRIGHT

HI..........I HAVE A C-81 AND IT IS USED FOR SNOW PLOWING AND MOWING. I ALSO HAVE A 257-H THAT I USE FOR SNOW PLOWING. :)

Roger from southern Iowa

I would think the C 81. :)

stevasaurus

harley...depends on where you are at. :)

Kelly

Go with the C-81 if it's not enough power a bigger engine will bolt right in, and it will do anything you need, attachments are not hard to find for the C's where do you live? we might be able to help you in your quest.

Roger from southern Iowa

OH OH, :)

harleyjj

well it seems the c-81 is a favorite and it is less than 5 miles from work! I may go talk to the owner tomorrow and try and make a deal. is there any thing specific i should look out for? I am located just north west of Detroit and any help finding a snow blade near by would be great! thanks guys!

p.s. why is the C-81 the unanimous winner?

Kelly

Any of the C series tractors are going to win for a worker, attachments are not real hard to find, the attachments will fit from 73 till the last Wheel horse built 98 they are user friendly, the only issue I see with a C-81 is it will be a bit under powered with the 8hp it will do just about everything but will have to work harder than say a 12hp, but with that being said a engine swap is very easy down the road, I have snow blades and decks and a blower or two for sale I'm near Lansing about a hour or so from you.