Sign in to follow this  
Pirate

New hitch and plow for my 414-8

Pirate

A few weeks ago, I picked up a plow, the axel mounts, and a welded up rear hitch, and just got them mounted. Painting later!

The hitch bolts on top of the axle housing, using the plow mount bolts, and bolts to the orig bar hitch. Not sure what the 2 holes in the side plates are for.

Are the short angle iron brackets on the back of the blade orig? They might have been put on for some weights.

Any ideas on a setup to limit the drop of the plow blade? I was thinking of something on the front tach a matic. But it would require getting out of the seat.

[code]DSCN3622.jpg

Forest Road

Pretty wild set up. I Might have to try something similar on my plow to hold suitcaase weights in place.

The only easy way of controlling the height of the plow is w/ the knob for your deck height adjustment. Have fun with it.

Pirate

On my 414-8 there isn't a deck height adjustment knob.

Any idea if it can be added? Where does it mount? Any pictures?

Thanks

wallfish

Those angle pieces were added on by someone and are not original. I guess they wanted to hang more weight on there. Rear hitch looks good and sturdy.

TT

The Dial-A-Height adjuster is technically NOT for the mower deck. It's for the tiller, grader/dozer blades, cultivators, discs, moldboard plows, and anything else that needs depth control. (mower decks are designed to be supported by the gauge wheels/mounting carriage and allowed to float over the ground while in use - or carried in the transport position with the rubber "bumpers" against the bottom of the footrests.)

IPL (major Dial-A-Height components circled in red):

liftstop2.jpg

You can still get the kit from Toro (#86725), or you can buy used pieces and add them to your tractor.