Sign in to follow this  
kj4kicks

Back from the road...

kj4kicks

Hi Guys ! Just wanted to let you know we all made it back safe & sound. Me, the truck, the trailer, and Karl's new baby.

2100 miles in 92 hours total "away time". It was great to meet Ken, T MO, and Joel. Sorry I didn't get to spent more time with Terry, but I got to hang out with Ken for nearly a whole day, and Joel and family for an evening and a night.

Pretty smooth trip, with the exception of breaking an alternator belt about 3AM Thursday morning. Bummer too, because it was only 2 years old. Luckily, I had a spare, and replaced it in about 5 minutes. Bad news is the battery was too low to restart it, so I had to wait about a half hour to get a jump start. Otherwise, a pretty good trip, other than burning alot of dino juice.

I'll get some pics posted in a day or two, including some of the town in MO that is named after me!

T-Mo

Eldon,

I'm glad you made it back home safely. Too bad about the alternator belt, but at least you had another one and it was an easy fix. Oh, yes, Eldon, Missouri. I have been through there a few times, but never stopped long enough to assess the town.

It was a pleasure meeting you and it was too bad we didn't have longer to chit and chat. But, the main thing was that your trip was a success and you made it without too much drama. Again, it was great meeting you.

bowtieguy

Eldon in Eldon, MO....had forgot that this was the weekend for ya to make that trip....gezzz, that was a close call....my horse barn is only a few miles west of Eldon, MO.....we usually shoot a horse thief .....but considering Eldon is going to "loan" me a WH to drive in da big parade, I guess he was safe on this trip...

Let me guess, you bought that brand new still in crate WH from Rick ????

He lives near Eldon, I think

Next time ya come to Missouri, remind me a couple days ahead of time and I'll show you where to find some of the best lookin' restored WH's that you will find anywhere west of the big ole Mississip

Glad you had a good trip, but now you probably see why I will probably never drive to the PA show in June.....tooo many miles!!!!

T Reed....give me some fair warning the next time ya see them horse guys slip across the Mississip into MO.....that ought to give me a couple hours to "lock and load"....lol

:thumbs: