Sign in to follow this  
876wheelhorse

part numbers for belts napa?

876wheelhorse

i have a 856 and the drive belt is getting to the point it needs replaced. i have tried the green lawn and garden belts but they dont do the job on these tractors. i need a deck belt and a drive belt anyone have the length and part numbers that work well for these. i shredded a few of the green ones.......or would i have to go to a toro dealer????

wh79d160

The green ones from NAPA are a heavy duty woven belt, If your breaking those, you probably have other issues. If it's a 1/2 " belt , it's a 4L series. If it's a 5/8" belt, its a 5L series. Followed by the length. A 68" long by 1/2" belt is a 4L680 ect. If you want it heavy duty, put a W @ the end. 4L680W ect. They also make an A & B series which are bigger belts w/deeper pulley's. Hope this helps. Good luck.

876wheelhorse

wasnt breaking them but they all got turned on there sides and all then would pretty much shred them

squonk

Sounds like you have a pulley/alignment problem more than anything. I worked at a Napa for 10yrs. and those green belts are incredibly tough. Anytime a customer had trouble with one we asked them to bring in the equipment if possible. 9 time out of ten we found something bent, worn pulleys or bad bearings. I've got a 210-H with an Allis blower/ vertical engine with a horiz. blower drive. I use a green 65" belt with a single twist to drive it. The belt flips and does all kinds of weird stuff. I get 3 seasons out of one. A std. A or B industrial belt lasts about 20 min. Mike