Sign in to follow this  
Dale

muffler

Dale

Has anyone seen a muffler like this? I would like to know where to buy one.

Attached Image

post-3-1283745867.jpg

perry

looks like a gravely muffler with a extension on it.

3dea_1.JPG

sorekiwi

Yup, what Perry said.

Gravely #018543

NAPA # 703679

Retired Wrencher

:) :USA::wh: I have 1 on the B-80 it is nice and quite now nice muffler. Gary B.....GetingReadyforFall006.jpg

Retired Wrencher

1 more shot.Gary B....GetingReadyforFall004.jpg

Scrumpy

In the pictures they are mounted opposite on the two different tractors. Which is the 'correct' way?

Scrump

vandamja

That does look like a nice alternative to the pepper box muffler that I have on the 1067 right now. For those of you that use them, is the noise greatly reduced once this is installed?

It looks like you just install a nipple on the engine and then attach this with a muffler clamp?

Brrly1

Scrumpy, Point it down it will be a foot warmer when you are pushin' snow. Point it up you'll get the fumes in your face depending on how tall you stack is or depending on how tall you are. Basically I think that would be your preference. See Ya, Bye Burly :USA:

:)

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

:USA: :wh::) Vanda When I put that muffler I noticed right a way a big difference in Noise level. it is like 1/2 it runs nice and quite now. even at hi idle. but as u can see it is a little tight in the PTO area. T/Care Gary B..............

sorekiwi

Vanda When I put that muffler I noticed right a way a big difference in Noise level.

Agreed, its a lot quieter than the pepper pots.

It'll slide right over the nipple sticking out of the engine. The pipe on the side is 1 1/4" ID, the one on the end is 1 5/16".

jerrb

Where are you folks buying these and how much are they :)

tgranthamfd

Where are you folks buying these and how much are they :)

The Napa part number that is listed above is $37.99 if your local store carries the small engine stuff.

dennist

Under search punch in: prime line muffler 7-03679 and you can order many places around 40.00.

FarmerJim

Ordered mine this morning from my local lawn&garden dealer. Any shop that deals in oregon short line parts can get it. 40.00

Scrumpy

Scrumpy, Point it down it will be a foot warmer when you are pushin' snow. Point it up you'll get the fumes in your face depending on how tall you stack is or depending on how tall you are. Basically I think that would be your preference. See Ya, Bye Burly :USA:

:)

Burly,

What I mean is on one of the tractors the engine side is into the end of the can and on the other tractor it is going into the side of the can. Does it not matter with this muffler.

Scrump

Retired Wrencher

:USA: :wh::) Scumpy I think buy looking at the muffler U will C that the top side is where u connect to the engine. and the bottom is for adding extensions because of the slots on side of the pipe. it just looks better when mounted from the top. My best guess. but if need to do it the other It probably could work I have never tried to mount it that way. hope this helps. Gary B...

TT

When these mufflers are installed on single-cylinder / 4 wheeled Gravelys, the inlet is on the end.

pond195520032003

i think they are called a Nelson muffler?

TT

Nelson is a popular manufacturer of many mufflers for L&G equipment right up through to trucks and heavy machinery, etc.

It is possible that they were the OEM supplier of mufflers to Gravely, but most of the ones now on the 'net are imported pieces. (sold under Stens, Oregon, etc.)