Sign in to follow this  
Retired Wrencher

European W/H

Retired Wrencher

:) :USA::wh: I would like to add this I am seeing more and more fans of W/H from Across the big pond. Did they get or did They have them shipped overseas I think it is great but just wondering how they got those over there???? and how do they get parts if needed. I say spread the word... Gary B....

Duff

Gary, Wheel Horse had at least one overseas factory (Belgium, I think?). I'm not versed enough in the history of these machines to know the particulars, but there have been some threads about this in the past. I'm sure others with more knowledge will chime in shortly.

Duff :)

Anglo Traction

Hi All, Just joined your Forum, and spookily enough I'm over the other side of the 'Pond' in UK. I've just spent best part of a year researching and restoring a 1972 Raider 12 left derelict for 16 years. This Tractor was built in Belgium. I found several differences on the Tractor when comparing it with Parts Manuals/Diagrams. Mine, for example, never had any Interlock switches fitted, so less complicated. Apart from the Steering Wheel and Seat having Made in England on it, all other parts are U.S. made. I had to make up the Fender-to-Body Bushes out of Gunmetal as the Sintered Bronze had crumbled, partly due to no Washers being fitted behind the Bolt Heads. Also made a Trunnion Nut for the Clutch/Brake Rod. Otherwise, I obtained parts from U.S. and from my Local Ag Stockist.

Great Machine, tough, heavy and looks just right. Mine is now in great order. I have a pictorial record from its found condition to current state. Have more to do before joining the small number of W/Horses now appearing at Ag shows and Steam Rallies over here.

Regards. Richard.

Uncle BO

:) :USA:

wheel horse man

:)