Sign in to follow this  
Gerry w

Vermonster gets more GRRRRRR!!!!!!&#

Gerry w

Most of you folks know what I remove snow with, a Auto18 with a 20hp transplant twin K motor, weights, chains, cab, extra lights, hula girl, etc. I call it the Vermonster and it makes snow removal not only fun but a blast to do! The only issue was working the rod to control direction with one hand, the Hydro with one hand, and steering with ...one...hand....?????

As I was working with it last year I was wondering what could make it easier yet??? Then I saw Dukes' post, hummmmmmmm.....the only thing is the D snow blowers have a short chute....so...

I found a brand new single stage newer model blower on CL and landed it for $40.00, took the chute, auger, and support base off of it and gave the rest to Dale in MI. I also had given him the chute off the D's unit and cut the base of the D snow blower down to fit the base of the newer chute. The D's base and the new base were the same or VERY close so I had to crimp the D's, and then weld the new base in place once I had accounted for rotation, and mounting set up. The inner welds came out okay, and it is fairly smooth inside the chute area. The motor and auger set up use the same support with some mods and my friend Duke is making up a mounting plate to make it rock solid. I may make a snow shield as well for the location. The top chute adjustment was simple, set up the actuator and wire it. Wires are all run to the switch with the Hula girl,(Who came back cause Duke was just too much for her!) So thanks to simpleman, who seems to have dropped off the earth, he got me most of what I needed to do this.

Looking forward to winter this year, no snow fly back, no cranking a rod handle, just flip a switch!

DSCN0011.jpg[/img

DSCN0010.jpgDSCN0009.jpgDSCN0008.jpg

fireman

Nice work Gerry! Looks like it should make winter clean up a breeze :)

VinsRJ

You will need to give us some "Duke Style" pics this winter with snow a-fly'n. :)

Gerry w

You will need to give us some "Duke Style" pics this winter with snow a-fly'n. :)

I will, and I promise that if Dale shows up he'll keep his clothes on!! :USA:

Thanks guys, it's a little early to be thinking snow but the trees are changing and there's a nip to the air today.

dgoyette

Gerry,

Looks great and hate to say it but can't wait for the first snow storm for pics and to see how it does. The Vermonster rocks!

Coadster32

Kick butt! :)

Gerry w

Thanks for the kind comments. I do believe this "monster" would EAT Dukes rig for lunch! :) What do you guys think?

DSCN0012.jpg

DSCN0013.jpg

DSCN0014.jpg

DSCN0015.jpg

I'm thinking about having the vinyl guy make up Vermonster decals????? :USA:

JimD

Nice work Gerry, that thing's a beast. :)

jusjeepn

Nice work Gerry! I think you'll really like that tall chute!

Gerry w

Thanks Jim and Pat! It's come a ways eh Pat?? Jim, you come on up this winter and you can drive it!! :USA::wh:

I'll have some Irish coffee ready for ya! :)

Operator

I like it Gerry! How about adding a "heat houser" to the sides to get warm air inside?

Randy

Gerry w

Thanks Randy, I really don't need more heat in the cab. I used it last winter and it was fine when I wore a sweater! Stays around 30 or 40 in there, warmer after using it for a while!

bustedglass

Cant wait to see that beast at work. Im sorry, not "beast", but rather "monster", the "Vermonster" :) .

Gerry w

Thanks Mike!!! :)

bitten

:) a cab for a D.

I remember last winter I would have paid big money for a cab one night. Wind was kicking and it was cold.

The snow blower looks like it turned out very nice.

Good Luck with it,

P.J.

Suburban 550

Lookin' good, Gerry. :USA: Should make movin' snow a breeze. :)

Gerry w

Your right PJ, cab makes ALL the difference! Wind, blow back, doesn't matter.It's a great feeling knowing your not going to get that stuff in your face! Makes it a whole lot more fun! Even at night!

Thanks Ray, means a lot coming from you! :)

Gerry

Gerry w

Final entry before action pics or video.

I had Duke make up the "real" mounting plate for the motor that turns the chute. Traded him a hula girl for it! Little did I know that he would :Duke out" a 1/8inch stainless steel plate! Talk about heavy duty!!

After making my poor little drill press beg for mercy after drilling the mounting holes, and then using a air cutter to cut the motor set hole, as well as a semi-circle out of the plate, the motors not going anywhere! And it doesn't flex at all!

Here are the pics, she's ready, and a good thing too, going to get cold this weekend!

Thanks Duke, for everything..BUT...we didn't get MJ's recipe for eclair cake!! :thumbs:

Gerry

DSCN5870.jpg

DSCN5869.jpg

DSCN5867.jpg

dgoyette

Gerry - I would LOVE to see a video of the Vermonster in action. Are we really going to get one?

oldandred

theres not enough room for two dukes I the world so would the real duke speek up :) :thumbs:

Gerry w

theres not enough room for two dukes I the world so would the real duke speek up :wh::)

HEY!! :thumbs: I've been called worse!!

Darren, I'll get Kathy out there with a camera to film!

HorseFixer

WoW Yep that is lookin good! So's how did everything bolt up? Was the 15 deg enough? Eat my SNOW MONSTER UP Eh? <_< Between you and Charlie I dunno who Im gonna chew on first! :) Now I know Charlies not gonna sas me much cause the Duke charges his Dead Batteries at the Stabbin Cabin! :thumbs: I guess you guys arent gonna be satified till I get a BigD :wh: Hmmm Maybe MJ will get me one for Christmas :) Anyways it was a pleasure glad you like it!

~Duke

Gerry w

WoW Yep that is lookin good! So's how did everything bolt up? Was the 15 deg enough? Eat my SNOW MONSTER UP Eh? <_< Between you and Charlie I dunno who Im gonna chew on first! :) Now I know Charlies not gonna sas me much cause the Duke charges his Dead Batteries at the Stabbin Cabin! :) I guess you guys arent gonna be satified till I get a BigD :) Hmmm Maybe MJ will get me one for Christmas :) Anyways it was a pleasure glad you like it!

~Duke

The 15 degree was dead on, no washers needed to adjust the angle. The bolt holes were perfect as well, and the plate is really stiff, which is great. No give or flex, so the motor is held solid!

Yep, eat your little tractor up! After it rolled over it and then dragged it a bit!! :wh:

Thanks again Duke! Worked out perfect! :thumbs:

Suburban 550

Seems like a battle of the snow monsters. :wh: It's gonna be hard to decide the winner. :) Gerry and Duke, both nice machines. :thumbs:

Forest Road

HHHhhhhhm I just bought a 520-H w/ a cab and single stage for use in the Adirondack park. I took the cab off and sold it. This thread has me second geussing myself!! The Vermonster looks awesome!