Sign in to follow this  
buckeye

getting rid of the rattle

buckeye

Does anyone have a trick to getting rid of that annoying rattle that comes from belt disengage lever on the hydo models. Both my eaton and sundstrand do it, in fact I think they all do. Anyone found a soulution?

gwest_ca

Is this what you are talking about?

Automatic transmission clutch lever C-Series tractors, Starting 1983 new wave washer in clutch idler arm to reduce rattling, Can be added to 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982

WH61-90 #342 C-Series Auto Clutch Idler Rattle

is in the Files of

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wheelhorsetractormanuals8/

Garry

buckeye

I couldnt find the post in your link, but I believe we are talking about the same thing. Will adding washers at the pivot point of the idler arm help?

gwest_ca

The PSB is posted in the Files of that Group along with about 600 others. The file is named

WH61-90 #342 C-Series Auto Clutch Idler Rattle

Membership to the Group is required.

Garry

buckeye

:) Gene and Garry. :USA:

fireman

I'm glad I saw this post. My C-195 clutch lever rattle is very annoying! I was wondering why the previous owner had a small bungee cord from the lever to the footrest. When I took it off, I sure found out.

htopjimmy26

Hey guys, could i get the part # for the wave washer that fixes this rattle I have about 3 tractors i would love to fix the rattle on but cannot veiw any of the links in above posts?

fireman

The new washer number is 110066. But you need to get the document because you have to relocate a flat washer also.

htopjimmy26

Thanks for the number, is there anyway to get the file without signing up for another group? I have done my homework and short of calling toro i can't find this bulletin any where else.

fireman

If you click on the link that haasman35 posted above, it should bring up the document. There is no membership required.

htopjimmy26

Get a Document not found error :)

htopjimmy26

Good news, local dealer was able to print out the service bulletin for me using the 3 digit bulletin number 342. I find it curious though that this cannot be found anywhere else on the internet. :)