Sign in to follow this  
stoneman

Gotta say . . .

stoneman

I cut a couple acres every week or so just up the street for some friends. I've used the C-81 all season and it's done a nice job, just got me wishin for a 42" RD deck instead of the 36. There are some rough areas that have been knocking me around though. Ever since I saw jaydeere's GT 14's a few months back, I've wanted one, and I did get one, a 69, about a month ago or so. It had a few issues which you'd expect for a 41 year old tractor that's been sitting outside for at least 3 years that I know of. I cut the yard up the street the last time with the C 12 days ago, and was bound and determined that would be the last time. It was. I finally got to use the "G"od's "T"ractor today. The ruts could no longer knock me around. Cutting a 12" wider path was no challenge, even through some that had gotten 5"-6" high, and still a little damp from the mornings' dew. I must say . . . That GT 14 just ain't no joke!

GT14.jpg

whfan74

Sounds like you had a real good time! :) That is what makes these beasts so much fun is to be able to share the stories that we have with them. I am sure your :wh: was priceless the entire time!!!!

Congrats! :USA:

fireman

I can't wait to get my GT-14 out in the snow and see how she pushes. I'm sure it will make the C-81 look and feel like a toy in comparison :) .

Brrly1

I know nothing! See Ya, Bye

Burly :)

:USA:

whfan74

I know nothing! See Ya, Bye

Burly :USA:

:wh:

We already knew that John! :)

Roger from southern Iowa

I haven't mowed with my GT 14, but it sure tills up a storm!! :)

Brrly1

I guess what I am saying is I have known this for a long time because I have my Dad's tractor and in 1973 I tilled the ground, mowed the lawn, and pushed an awful lot of snow. I was only home a couple more years and then took off to Southern Calif. This tractor has made it almost 40 years and doesn't miss a beat. I guess thats a good possibility why I have more than one. See Ya, Bye

Burly :)

:USA:

oldredrider

Stoneman, I haven't had the opportunity to use my GT-14 for mowing yet but have moved TONS of snow! With it's weight and power, it won't let you down. Last winter during Snowmageddon and the Snowpocalypse, I cleared all the driveways around my house, got bored and plowed the street too. It seems the more you demand from this horse, the bigger the grins! :) May your snows be deep and plentiful!

jaydeer

Glad to have contributed to your wheel horse habit! The GT14 is a cool machine. Whats next a c195? Enjoy the GT and if you need anything let me know.