Sign in to follow this  
slufoot733

PTO clutch comparison

slufoot733

I have a 1978 D-200 in need of some repairs. It starts right up and runs pretty well. The PTO clutch is in good shape but the two arms (Part #103227) are pretty bad. I think I can make new ones but in my research I have been looking at other options. There are some fair size centrifugal clutches available with belt pulleys instead of chain sprockets. However, these would require engine rpm to vary considerably which is not a good idea for a hydro tranny. I also found electric clutches which may fit. My question is this: why did the D-160 have the electric clutch and the D-200 have the manual clutch? If I can get an electric clutch that will fit the crankshaft and is the correct diameter pulley, will it work in place of the manual clutch? It seems to me it should but then again I'm not the brightest light bulb in the pack. I figured I should fire this one out there in the "world wide web of knowledge" and see what you guys think. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

:)

Kevin

bitten

Kevin I dont know why the difference in the D are but I do have an extra set of arms that I might let go.