Sign in to follow this  
dw1973

RJ-35 brass push button shut off

dw1973

Anyone have any ideas about where the brass push button shut off for early RJ-35's may have come from? I spoke with Joe Papke about this yesterday and we were guessing maybe from a Studebaker or Oliver tractor. We think Mr. Pond probably bought these from a distributor that sold them for another product. I am trying to locate one for my tractor.

VinsRJ

Again this is a very difficult part to locate. If Joe is at a loss, then....... :)

Kelly

Anyone have a picture of one?? might be easier to locate if we all know what we are looking for.

VinsRJ

Anyone have a picture of one?? might be easier to locate if we all know what we are looking for.

I have one... I'll post a pic of it tonight.

VinsRJ

Switch pic.....

Attached Image

post-3-1283536354.jpg

Lane Ranger

I would say that they were made by Cole - now Cole Hersee in Boston.

Check out there catalog and look under switches - push/pull.

http://www.colehersee.com/catalog_top/index.htm

This is similar:

Product Family: Push-Pull

: M-532

Description: Heavy Duty Marine Construction Switch Push-Pull Switch

:)

FarmerJim

I have a switch laying on the shelf- brand new,

don't know what it was bought for,but it looks similar. If it looks like it would work for you shoot me a pm.

t0nwc2.jpg

30kudls.jpg

FarmerJim

:) Sorry, I forgot to mention it is a Cole-Hersee switch :USA:

dw1973

Thanks for the replies. I sent out a couple PM's. Dave

whlpny

The pictured switch is an original outer housing with a replacement switch installed into it- it is NOT and original kill button. I have 2- original unmolested 1955's . If anyone wants to upload an original picture- I will email them one. I still cannot access photo-bucket.

whlpny

NewImage-1.jpg

Hmm maybe I'm up and working again- try this......You won't find anything more original than this my friends. I bought this tractor for the sole reason of it having the switch in it.

dw1973

Thanks for the pic!

whlpny

No problem- note the entire metal of the switch is brass- including the button. Also these switches only have the one ignition wire coming in to them and are self grounding.

It is also thought that this switch was used on the hooded model Rs-83 at the top center of dashboard. I have had 2 hoods on mine that are drilled the size of the button and have a small screw hole on each side. I have yet to see a Senior with an original button though.

FarmerJim

P.M. sent

VinsRJ

The pictured switch is an original outer housing with a replacement switch installed into it- it is NOT and original kill button. I have 2- original unmolested 1955's . If anyone wants to upload an original picture- I will email them one. I still cannot access photo-bucket.

You are correct...... I've only seen two of the original shut off buttons and neither were save-able (if thats a word). My shut off is about as close as you will get aside from part'n yours :USA::) BTW nice switch!