Sign in to follow this  
WH854

Hubs and Axles

WH854

I bought these axles and hubs from a guy in Georgia, here is a picture of how they were shipped to me.

WheelHorseAxles.jpg

Here is a picture after I took them to API in town, they charged me $21.00 to press them out. Saved me a lot of :):):USA: Here they are they are in good shape.

Aug3104.jpg

Now I have a good set of hubs and axles for my C-105 8 speed :wh:

Chas :omg:

PS I don't Know how he got them out of the transmission this way :)

Coadster32

I can't see the pics that well on my computer, but isn't there a retaining ring groove on the spline side, or a hole for a pin? With the pin/clip removed is how they would come out. Good luck.

WH854

Yes Chris there is a snap ring on the splined end of the axles. On closer examination of the hubs I think he beat them out with a big sledge to get them out of the case.

Chas

pfrederi

If he drove them out I would look carefully at the groove for the snap ring, it may have rounded off the edge and you are at risk of your axle coming out at an inopportune moment.

WH854

I checked the groves out the seem to be in good shape :)

Chas

sorekiwi

From what I've seen, the "good" part of really stuck on hubs is that if you can get everything apart with out destroying it, it is usually in good shape.

On the other hand, the hubs that come apart too easily usually mean a bad hub and a bad axle...

VinsRJ

On the other hand, the hubs that come apart too easily usually mean a bad hub and a bad axle...

I had a RJ loose a tire with the hub attached :USA: Talk about a hairy ride.

I should have know it was going to happen, everything was worn beyond belief. :)