Sign in to follow this  
ricky115

Snow Blower Attachment

ricky115

Thanks to you guys my mower deck situation has been sloved, its up and running, hopefully i can get the same results with my next project. Will the 6-0202 (70's B100 snowblower attachment fit my 1977 B80, got a chance to pick one up close by, just dont know if it will mount up. :)

Kelly

Any blower that fits the tac o matic system on the horizontal shaft tractors will fit your tractor, just remember you have a 8hp engine it will not blow snow like a 16hp, you might need to pull the side wings off the blower so it does not take a big bite it can't handle.

Make sure it has the lift tube and flag, those parts can cost as much as the blower.

ricky115

lift tube and flag :) i going to look at this blower wednesday...what should i be looking for?..thanks

Lane Ranger

Here are two photos of the lift tube and flag (additonal lift handle piece for my STR-324 Lawn Ranger lift handle is also attached) for a Wheel Horse snowthrower.

The tube and flag attach to the lift handle attachment under the frame of the tractor and to the snowthower so that you lift handle can raise or lower the snowthrower.

100_8907.jpg

100_8908.jpg

:)

ricky115

thanks ranger now i know what to look for..i will keep ya posted...rick

kajamo240

Taking the side flares off is a good idea. I got a blower for my B-80 and at times, it had a little trouble throwing the snow.

The trick to get the snow to fly with the B-80 is all in the speed. Depending on weight and depth of snow. So dont be discouraged if it bogs down at times... Just have to take it a little slower with the 8hp.

Ill be trying mine out this year with my B-100 and hope to see a little bit of a power difference...

Remember, proper lubrication can go a LONG ways!

ricky115

:) Matt. i figure the smaller the bite the better it will work, im retired so if it takes a little longer thats ok too...thanks rick

Docwheelhorse

An eight is going to be working hard to spin a blower in anything but the lightest fluffiest snow... wet heavy stuff and you can forget it. :)

Tony

TT

RJ's and Suburbans mowed thousands of acres of grass and moved tons and tons of snow and dirt with only 2.5 to 4hp. Just because they can't power through everything at light-speed does not make them worthless. The whole point was to make the jobs easier, not necessarily faster.

There have been times where I have had to take half of a swath with the mower deck on an 8hp tractor because the grass was tall or thick, but it still got the job done - and it sure beat push-mowing. The same goes for the throwers. If the snow is light & fluffy, use the full width of the auger. If it's heavy, use only as much as the tractor/engine will handle. It might take longer, but at least you don't have to shovel. :)

kajamo240

An eight is going to be working hard to spin a blower in anything but the lightest fluffiest snow... wet heavy stuff and you can forget it. :USA:

Tony

:) I blew a driveway over 80 feet long, 30 feet wide and 8-10 inches deep with my B-80. And it wasn't the fluffy dry snow either because the side flares were pulling the tractor to the side that the snow was on.

It may have taken a little bit longer than a 16 hp motor but definitely did beat shoveling.

Don't underestimate them little :wh: 's because they sure can handle their own! :)

squonk

RJ's and Suburbans mowed thousands of acres of grass and moved tons and tons of snow and dirt with only 2.5 to 4hp. Just because they can't power through everything at light-speed does not make them worthless. The whole point was to make the jobs easier, not necessarily faster.

There have been times where I have had to take half of a swath with the mower deck on an 8hp tractor because the grass was tall or thick, but it still got the job done - and it sure beat push-mowing. The same goes for the throwers. If the snow is light & fluffy, use the full width of the auger. If it's heavy, use only as much as the tractor/engine will handle. It might take longer, but at least you don't have to shovel. :)

I agree. I got an Allis-Chalmers 42" blower grafted up to my little 210-H tractor. When I bought it new the sales people said the little 10 H.P. Briggs wouldn't handle a blower well. (What do John Deere people know anyway.) 21 years later that Briggs is still running,mowing,plowing,and blowing and I've cut thru some pretty big piles. Just got to feed the blower depending on the depth and conditions.

Docwheelhorse

Hello All,

I'm not bashing the little 8... I have had my fair share of them and they are very tough. ---BUT--- I have had plenty of seat time with them and while they will miraculously spin 48" decks and 42" snow throwers they just aren't happy and weren't designed to do this. I'll be the first to say the Wheel Horse tractors are tough as nails and can take punishment by the bucketfull. But my experience shows that the small flywheel 8 just doesn't have enough to keep me out of the "aggravation" zone when using certain attachments. If I'm constantly stabbing the clutch, down shifting, getting off and clearing clogs or turnig the key when it stalls my blood pressure starts to go up. I'm sure an 8 will blow a foot of wet heavy snow.... as long as I have three days to do it. With that said stepping up just one notch to a 10 with that big flywheel is like night and day.... its only a 2hp difference on paper but the performance is so much higher. Take for instance my 310 with the 42" mower and belt driven power bagger. That 10 just hums along and while it does pull on the govenor now and again it never sounds like it is laboring.... I just mowed my lawn yesterday with it and admittedly it was too tall and had a thin layer of leaves on it. Wasn't any problem with the 10.... could it have been done with an 8---yep, would I want to nope.

Tony

Just my two cents

ricky115

Ranger..I bought the blower, and its in pretty decent shape, I made sure the tube and flag was with it, are there any posts or documents here on Red Square that would help in the mounting, i am just not sure how it goes...thanks rick

Lane Ranger

Rick: Do a search on RedSquare under SNOWTHROWER and three pages of good information will come up!

:)

PPGman

I picked up a snow blower for my C-120 last year, and i have to say, i was really impressed at what these WH blowers will do. My blower was easily going through 10-12 inch drifts with no problem. The trick i found in making the blower really perform is keeping it fed at the correct ground speed. Too fast and i was clogging, and too slow it would just "slober" the snow out. My blower worked flawlessly when i kept it loaded with just the right amount of snow.

Not sure how your 8 will handle, but i tend to agree with TT. If anything, you might need to take a smaller "bite", but i'll bet it will handle it just fine. I've mowed tons of grass that was so high i could only take half a mower's width, or had to mow it with the deck completely raised, and went back and mowed it again normally. At the end of the day, the lowest gear you have is still faster than shoveling. :)

ricky115

DadsToys026.jpg

just a note to let you guys know that i got up up and running, with the help you guys gave me it works just fine...now when the snow comes it will be put to the test thanks to everyone who helped me get it right :) ...rick

855ownerJoel

Nice looking machine there, picking up one tomorrow with the same blower.

312Hydro

Good looking tractor and your avatar is pretty cool too! :handgestures-thumbupright: :handgestures-thumbupright:

Kelly

I see this is a older post, but weights and chains are a must have for snow removal, at a minimum chains.