Sign in to follow this  
illinilefttackle

TRAILBLAZER 7-ATTACHMENTS?

illinilefttackle

:thumbs: Hey guys-I seem to remember some one saying that because the Trailblazer 7 Two Stage Snowblower will separate into the blower section amd the power section-that there were attachments ( like a tiller,etc) that were available that could be hooked to the power section- Has anyone ever seem any? Any info available? Thanks -AL :thumbs:

The title should read: Trailblazer 7

but I don't know how to change it.

nylyon

The title should read: Trailblazer 7

but I don't know how to change it.

Got ya covered Al

wh500special

Al,

The trailbalzers were Reo designed items picked up by WH when they bought Reo. They are pretty nice blowers and seem to be really, really heavy.

I have a late 60's (don't recall what year off hand) Trailblazer 7 and like it. Throws snow well and weighs so darn much it doesn't even require chains unless it's really icy.

As you said, the blower housing is separable from the "power unit" (engine and drive wheels) for servicing purposes and to take attachments. a special quick release turnbuckle (my term) on each side hold the two units together. As far as I know, the only attachment made to replace the blower unit was a 32" rear discharge mower deck. The same basic attachment was offered under various model numbers for several years (I can look this stuff up for you if you desire) with minimal changes.

The deck is the same as the gear drive, cross shaft decks used on 60's era short frame tractors. It is mounted to the power unit via a carrier that looks kind of similar to the front mount mower carrier WH offered on the C/300/400/500 series tractors starting the the late 70's. The mower attachment kit also came with an air cleaner assembly to replace the filterless air heater box used when blowing snow.

I have no idea how well the arrangement worked from personal experience, but it ought to have worked very nicely. The 7 hp Tec engine surely provided plenty of oomph (a technical term...) and the power unit seems to have ample traction. The only real downside I can see is having your feet and ankles in the path of projectiles launched from the REAR DISCHARGE deck! (how this idea made it into production is a mystery). So mowing with your Birkenstocks would be a bad idea :thumbs: (better stick with the tennis shoes and black dress socks :thumbs: ).

I have seen a couple of these attachments over the years. There was one at the show two years ago offered for sale by a gent from near Nigara Falls. NY. He had the whole ball of wax (blower, deck attachment, power unit) but his needed a new engine. Apparently the H70 used in this application has a shaft size/arrangement that cannot be found today so I am keeping my fingers crossed that mine never throws a rod. Wish I'd have bought his but didn't have the space to haul it home anyway.

If anybody has a complete attachment, I'd love to add it to my collection to accompany my other WH wierd stuff (walk behind mower, reel mower, trailblazer, and edger). For that matter, I'm always on the lookout for a walk behind WH tiller from the mid 80's (about 3.5 hp and 15" wide).

If you need any other info or a copy of the manual for the blower/deck, let me know.

Steve

illinilefttackle

As they used to say on "Laugh In"-"Very Interesting".

I'm with you on the rear discharge deck-really would keep you on your toes! I was kinda hoping there might be a tiller attachment or such. I just can't see a nice piece of machinery like my TrailBlazer 7 sitting in the shed all spring & summer.

Thanks for the leg work-AL :thumbs: