Sign in to follow this  
CochinsRus

The Horse is ALIVE!!!!

CochinsRus

Well guys & gals I finally rolled out my all original 1976 C-160 (except for paint). I parked it almost 4 years ago due to power issues when the engine heated up. This Spring after being parked for 3.5 years I finally had some ideas as to where to look for my problem. I checked the head and saw where the head gasket had blew. So I replaced the head gasket and I also done a tune up since it still had the original points. Well the battery still needs to be replaced, but I rolled it out and jumped it off with my truck. After about 15 min of trying it finally fired up and kept on running. It had a light miss for the first 10-15 min but it corrected its self. I guess that is what happens when you haven't had gas in you for 4 years. I am extremely happy that it is running again. 34 years old, not rebuilt anywhere and she still runs great. I will get her out this week and take some pictures and post them.

Thanks for all your help on getting her back out!! :)

TT

:USA: :wh::) That's great to hear!

Don't forget to re-torque those head bolts. :)

VinsRJ

Good for you, nothing like breathing life into a old horse :)

CochinsRus

I have torqued them once after it cooled. I will one more time before it goes out again. I just wish my Grand Father in law was still here to see her get back out. He passed away last October with Lung Cancer. The tractor belonged to him since 1977 and I purchased it from him 6 years ago. It was his pride and joy.

Roger from southern Iowa

Good for you!! :)

Sounds like a KEEPER.