Sign in to follow this  
bgbadsozay

1970 Wheel Horse Electro 12

bgbadsozay

I dont know too much about these but I love the way it is built , that is why I bought it. I am trying to figure out how much one of these are really worth because I cant find this one anywhere. I can find earlier ones and later ones but not the Electro 12 with the hydrostatic and the hydraulic deck. It is the original Kohler 12hp on it and as far as I can tell (besides the International Harvester stack that I added) it is all original. Also trying to find some numbers on the mower because I need to get an ignition switch and the cable for the lift in the rear. ANY help is very appreciated. :)

ImportedPhotos00007.jpgImportedPhotos00006.jpgImportedPhotos00003.jpg

KB9LOR

I have a 69 Electro 12 with Hydro and Hyd lift, with electric clutch Number 1-7245 Hope this helps.

BTW- I only gave 100 bucks for mine! :)

Brian

pumper.atv

:) i have a 68 and 69 electro 12 and the id # is just below the dash

hope that helps :USA:

Ken B

Welcome. As to your tractors worth, I'd be willing to bet its worth what you just paid for it. :) There are lots of Electro 12's out there with the hydro lift and electric clutch, great workhorse.

racinfool40

:USA: looks like a nice solid machine soory don't know much about them.But built like my 70 raider minus hyd. and mine is priceless to me!! :)

bgbadsozay

Thanks for the help I will see what I can find out about it tomorrow. :)

WheelHorse_of_course

It is worth a lot of hard work. It will serve you well.

The Electro is the deluxe model of the Charger. So it is worth more than a Charger because it has the electric clutch, hydraulic lift, and is rarer.

Those hub caps are worth over $100 alone.

Enjoy the work horse.

:USA: :)

pfrederi

Am I missing something? That doesn't look like an electric PTO clutch to me. :)

HankB

Am I missing something? That doesn't look like an electric PTO clutch to me. :)

I have heard that the electric clutches are very expensive to replace if they ever fail. It may be less expensive to replace with a mechanical clutch.

From what I know, the electric clutches are required for applications where the engine does not have a thrust bearing (or a belt clutch can be used, as on my old Charger V8.)

My son's Electro 12 has a mechanical clutch and my Raider 12 has an electric clutch.

Brrly1

Yup you got that right, Manual clutch,hub caps would be worth a 100 if they were new. They look kind of rustolic to me. I would say if you got it for $300-$325 you did ok. Mainly to someone who is collecting these types of tractors would probably about that, maybe a little less because they probably already have a few of them. Someone who needs a tractor might pay a little bit more.

See Ya, Bye Burly :USA:

:)

bgbadsozay

Thanks for ALL the help!!! BTW I paid $200 for it and I dont plan on letting it go I LOVE THIS TRACTOR!!!

HankB

Thanks for ALL the help!!! BTW I paid $200 for it and I dont plan on letting it go I LOVE THIS TRACTOR!!!

IMO a decent deal. The one my son got was in "ready to mow" condition and he paid $250 for it. He was actually supposed to pick it up for me but he just handed the check back and said something like "I dont plan on letting it go I LOVE THIS TRACTOR!!!"