Sign in to follow this  
KB9LOR

GT 1642 Mower Question

KB9LOR

I am going bonkers! On my 1642, it has the manual lift, and it only has 2 positions, up and down, when up it is cutting too high,and when put in the down position it is cutting too low, I have the deck adjustment LEVER all the way up and the bolt adjustment on the rear of the deck tightened 3/4 of the way, meaning loosen would be to lower the front of the deck and tighten to raise, but cannot get it to cut right, anyone have a manual that shows how to adjust the deck? I have the manual for the 1642, but it shows nothing on how to adjust the deck.

Thanks,

Brian

jtmoyer

you could take a link out of the chain going from the rock shaft to the "t bar" and that should give you about a inch more of height. the long option is to get a height adjustment nob (and parts) so you can set the down depth.

KB9LOR

you could take a link out of the chain going from the rock shaft to the "t bar" and that should give you about a inch more of height. the long option is to get a height adjustment nob (and parts) so you can set the down depth.

Hey! How ya doing Jason! Yeah I know I have not been on here in awhile been very busy, I think I am going to remove a link or fab me a permanent stop on the lift bar, that should do the trick. Did you get rid of those parts you had laying around over there?? :) I finally got the right belt for that deck, got it at Rural King, got the drive belt there too everything working good now, just a couple more kinks to iron out lol!

jtmoyer

what are you mowing anyway, everything here is brown.

picked up a 416-8 the other day with a 48" deck

KB9LOR

Not really mowing anything lol! But had to try out that tranny I got from you. I works real good! Just can't figure out why in the tarnation WH would make a tractor that you could not adjust the height! Oh sure you can use the lever on the deck, but it is not much adjustment at all, Dunno, at a loss really, sure wish someone had a Manual on that deck, it would help tons. Am working up at Camp Atterbury now, landed me a maint job up there, good place to work. Where did you find the 416-8? is it going to be your worker instead of the 520's?

jtmoyer

so i found my 42"sd book :)

the 416 was on cl and it was a steel, i mainly wanted the deck.

KB9LOR

Oooooh, any good pointers on height adjustment??? Oh and what ya going to do with the rest of the Tractor? :USA: And how did I miss it on CL...... :)

jtmoyer

come on by the wife will be happy so see something leave. :)

the book does not seam to be much help.

KB9LOR

Will have toi stop by sometime, I do have a ton of stuff to do today, may come by friday, what is a good time? I got REMC out here this morning dropping 2 trees on the property, but don't get off work until 11:30am, and then got brakes to be replaced on a vehicle, then got to mow down the high spots out in the front yard, hey you want some sweet banana peppers? I got tons of them!

jtmoyer

i will be home after 3:30 friday, may have to help the wife set up for a sale.

i would love some peppers, my garden flooded early spring when we were getting rain.

KB9LOR

I will have to stop by and bring some Peppers by, you guys having a yard sale this weekend?