Sign in to follow this  
sodbuster

lawn vac

sodbuster

I traded for a wheel horse lawn vac,looks complete.how does the drive belt hook up?? it came with a belt and I cannot figure out the route.the impeller has its own pulley. :)

TT

Did you happen to check for a model number tag? :)

Maybe something like this one? :USA:

7-2613.jpg

Jim_M

If it's one like TT posted, it's complicated to explain.You'll need the idler pulley that mounts to the rear running board support to keep the belt from rubbing the axle. You need to move the right hand running board out so you can get the belt on. It runs in the outside groove of the pto.

If you've never mounted one before, you really need to read the instructions. I've got the manual for the earlier model that was used on the Chargers and Electros around here somewhere. If I can find it I'll scan it for you. You may be able to sweet talk TT into scanning his manual if you've got the later style.

Post some pictures of what you have so we can see if you have everything you need.

Also tell us what tractor you'll be mounting it on.

sodbuster

these numbers are on the impeller.mn#7 2611 8 serial # 981564

Jim_M

That's a 1973. You need Manual # A-5302. I don't have it. It's available from Toro and I'll bet TT's manual would also work, it's a 1975, but I think that model number came out in 1974.

DMK855

I would be very interested in copies of the Manuals also. Mine does not have any tags on it, but looks just like the one in the classifieds!!

Thanks,

Dwayne

TT

All I have is the P.I. sheet pictured above. It's just a single sheet used to show potential buyers what the implement or attachment consists of. :)

Jim_M

You can buy the manual at Toro.com. It's probably going to be well worth the little bit they'll charge you for it.

sodbuster

anyone come up with some pictures yet?? the rear pulley lines up directly in line with the rear axle.