Sign in to follow this  
persof

New Tiller

persof

I have a 312-8 #21-12K805 and I just purchased a used 36

C-Series14

Can't send pics because unfortunately, I am busting my chops fixing these darn C-5's and they won't let me play with my tractors at work! :)

I am sure this has been discussed before and there were some pics but basically, the unpainted part of the tube that is behind that washer looking piece goes under the hoop part of the bracket. That locks it in... The bracket mounts just like you have it, the tube points down as it goes forward, lays on the left side of the boot. It is pretty easy, just mess with it, only goes one way. Front of cable hooks to arm that points down on the tracftors lift mechanism...

I got to go back out and fix a landing gear, makes me wish I was home....

P.S. Are your tires severely close to the gas tank or is that a mirage?

tgranthamfd

Should be something like this. :)

DSC00739.jpg

DSC00740.jpg

DSC00741.jpg

DSC00742.jpg

DSC00743.jpg

Hope this is what you were looking for. May have a couple more somewhere.

persof

Perfect!

Thanks

Francis

persof

The lift cable guide tube installed exactly as predected and when the lift cable arrived at my local WH dealer I will be able to finish the installation.

This tiller did not come with a rear cover "flap", is that a problem? will dirt kick out all over the place?

What are the demensions as I bet I could make one if nessasary.

Thanks

Francis

tgranthamfd

I think my rear flap was about 5 inches or so, wide. Mine was beat all to heck, evidently the stops were gone at some point in time. I put the hinge back on just for added support, don't think it needed it, left the flap off and it don't throw dirt to bad, then again my tines are shot. I haven't seen it but some have talked of putting a rubber flap on theirs. I have seen some pictures on here with no rear flap at all.

HankB

If you add a flap, make sure it has some sort of stop that prevents it from getting pulled into the tines.

persof

All,

Can anyone supply a pic of the rear tiller "flap"? I am interesred in a closeup of the hinge line and how wide it is.

Tills great but without the flap I have to rake the dirt back.

Thanks

Francis