Sign in to follow this  
KB9LOR

Drive Belt Question

KB9LOR

Anyone have the width and length of a WH drive belt part # 108502....?

Thanks,

Brian

C-Series14

It is an HB/5L belt, 83". Width is 21/32"

Bam! :)

KB9LOR

Thanks TT printed that handy dandy list out for my records!

Thanks again!

Brian

KB9LOR

It is an HB/5L belt, 83". Width is 21/32"

Bam! :)

What is a HB/5L mean? You lost me. lol

Brian

KB9LOR

BTW guys, I tried a belt 83" long and 5/8 wide and it was too tight, it would not clutch or de-clutch. I may have to go to a 1/2 inch wide belt. The belt that was on it was a 1/2 belt.

Brian

TT

Is this on the GT-1642? :)

If it is, you might need to get the OEM (Toro) #93-9809 belt, which is 83.5" long

KB9LOR

Is this on the GT-1642? :)

If it is, you might need to get the OEM (Toro) #93-9809 belt, which is 83.5" long

Yep it is my 1642 guess a 108502 is NOT going to work. Can you still get those from the toro site? Or does anyone have them cheaper than Toro?

Thanks,

Brian

btrrg1969

Thanks TT printed that handy dandy list out for my records!

I agree , thanks I just looked up all my belt sizes and wrote them down :wh: :USA:

KB9LOR

TT that belt Toro # 93-9809 is showing the same size as the # 108502. I am going to have to see if I can find a 1/2 belt for it I guess, thanks for your help!

Brian

TT

The 93-9809 is definitely longer (and the correct width/profile). I remember one of our members having this same issue with a 416. (I believe it was "mrwiggles2" Craig from NY) He bought this belt from Toro and it cured the problem.

Just remember to clean the engine pulley groove and adjust the "finger" on the tensioner arm so it's about 1/16" to 1/8" away from the belt when the clutch pedal is released. When the clutch pedal is depressed and the tensioner pulley moves forward, it should push the belt out of the engine pulley groove enough that it will slip there.

There should also be a small "wire" belt guide bolted to the engine just below the drive pulley. It helps direct the slack of the belt off of the drive pulley too. It should also be adjusted so it's about 1/8" away from the belt when the belt is tensioned.

#14 in this IPL: LINK

Here's some good reading:

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=6493

As far as the site I linked to goes....... it's not mine, so I can't guarantee accuracy. I have used it for a while and "so far - so good". :)

btrrg1969

I crossed your 93-9809 , here is a gate s# 6983 , maybe that will work . :)

I also crosse 108502 that was listed at the top of this post , it too has the same gates #6983

TT

The Gates belt interchange lists belts that can possibly be substituted for OEM belts but they may not be the exact dimensions. In some cases they will work, but not always. They are what I would call "the closest match".

Differences of

btrrg1969

I would listen to Terry over me :)

KB9LOR

Okay guys, went to Rural King, picked up a 1/2 by 82 Aramid(sp?) belt, went out put it on, no problems, fired it up mowed about 1 1/2 acres still looking good, so now I know to use the 1/2 inch belt. I did try the 98-9809 (108502) it is too big, no slack whatsoever, so by my personal experience, it is going to be the 1/2 belt and not the other. lol But thanks for everyones input, if anyone needs the part number for the belt I got at Rural King let me know. (I would post it now, but am in for the night and not going out to the barn at this hour)

Thanks again!

Brian