Sign in to follow this  
Retired Wrencher

C141

Retired Wrencher

:USA: :wh::):) This my C141Autowith Hydraulics. I put a new 7478 belt on what a difference like a new tractor the old one did not look that bad but I guess it was. I took the pto sys off because it needs to be rebuilt =noise.I only plow with tractor anyway Just have to put the plow and chains on and she is ready for u know what. I tell u what these old C series tractors have some power and grunt for pulling,or pushing. Would any one you recommend towing a 6x10 enclosed trailer with 2 tractors in it if I put a drag set up like Lane has on his 1054?

I would to be able to tow this a round make it easier to put away when done I have a tin knocker how could make one very easy.Just wondering if the Axel could take the weight.I would say 2 tractors plus trailer lets say 300lbs tongue weight???? I use to see a boat dealer move boats with a 1057or 1257 it was back in the day of early 80`s and these where cruisers. =20' plus

C141001.jpg

C141003.jpg

C141006.jpg

C141007.jpg

Well I hope u enjoy the pics. Gary B.......

jpmcleod

Looking good.

jpmcleod

That one is nice too!

Retired Wrencher

:USA: :wh::):):omg::) does anyone have a comment on the hitch as I said in last post.

C-Series14

Yea, it will tow it fine...The one picture split up your question so it is hard to read. :USA:

Also, put the dash in between the C and 141, it will make it stand out more and folks will bow down to the mighty C-Series!!! :)

Retired Wrencher

:USA: :wh::):) I Know Mike it is just the way it came out I am not the best with these computers, So u are saying if I turn a snow plow bracket 90 degrees down and put a full brace for a 2" ball to the axle it will take the weight.I Have seen people do this I have always wounded if this was the way to go. Where I leave the trailer is kind of tight spot so I can this would make it a lot easier. T/Care Gary B.....

C-Series14

I have hauled several trailers over the years with the hitch as it is on my tractors so adding some support would be even better. There are many ideas out there and folks that sell hitches also. When I was a kid and worked at the horse farm, I pulled hay wagons with my C-160 and it survived. Today, I pull a 1,000 lb. lawn roller and all is well. I even pulled the roller with my RJ!

TT

I am cornfused...what update are you talking about? :wh:

This is the one he's talking about, Mike:

( :) Lane & the Ralph Brothers :USA: )

:)

C-Series14

That makes things a little clearer! I think it would work. If you had something to brace it with, coming off of the top of the tranny or fender support.

TT

Food for thought.......

Modeled after the "jeeps" used with low boy trailers in the heavy-hauling "big truck" world:

WHjeep.jpg

Excuse the quick (and not-to-scale) MS paint drawing, but if an industrial caster (rated @ 3500-4000 lbs) is used, tongue weight would not be an issue. One 3/4" pin would fasten it to the draw bar mounting boss on the Uni-Drive housing for quick attachment & removal, and adding a class 3 receiver to the top plate (instead of direct-mounting a ball) would allow a flipped drop hitch draw bar to be inserted with a ball of your choice - making it higher in the process.

WHjeep2.jpg

Whadda ya think? :)

Retired Wrencher

:USA: :wh::) Hi Terry GREAT SET UP I think that would work. Just take out the pin drop the bar and put that unit in it place.. But would the caster wheel turn?? or would it be would better if it did not??? or should it turn with the tractor. as I look at this it would take all the pressure of the transmission housing the weight would be on the wheel . would u have any measurements on this unit. Gary B..

TT

The caster wheel would have to swivel or you'd be scuffing the ground/wearing out the tire when turning sharp.

I don't have any measurements since that was drawn purely from cranial flatulence. (a.k.a. - a brain fart :) )

All you would need is the measurement from the floor to the centerline of the hole in the hitch pin boss, and the width of the boss and you could build off of that.

Retired Wrencher

:USA: :wh::) Hi Terry and others Well i think I have found the caster that I had in mind. To me it made sense that it had to be a pneumatic tire in the first place, because of the uneven ground and as Terry said it should swivel it should be H.D. in function. so I found it in R.W.M.Casters Inc. these the one they put on Nasscar tool boxes u no the ones that have motor on them and weigh around let say 5000lbs. if u go this site look up h.d. full pneumatic casters, scroll down to 95/or125 series the one I am looking at is 12" 1000lbs /ball bearing. With Terrys idea it think will work great this puts no pressure on the rear axle, it will just tag a long T/Care all I will keep u posted.