Sign in to follow this  
persof

42" mower deck

persof

I have a 42"rear discharge mower deck ( 75-42MR01 ) and the highest cutting height is almost 2.75". I like to keep my grass tall, what's the best way to get a higher cut?

The adjuster in the rear is maxed out.

How about 16x6.5x6 tires in front instead of the original 15x6x6 tires?

How about 7" rear deck wheels instead of the original 6" deck wheels?

Thanks

Francis

persof

Any Ideas???

Thanks

Francis

:)

Kelly

I've seen people take the nut off the rear adjustment and put spacers on to get more lift.

Sorry but I mow with a JD.

MaineDad

I can get 3.5 inches with mine. Have you cranked the adjustment nut on the deck lift where it attaches to the bellcrank?

kajamo240

I've mowed with deck in the up position.... Might be a little bit long for a lawn tho... :)

persof

Micah,

Yes I have adjusted the nut in the rear but if I crank it to much there is binding when I pull the mowing height adjuster leaver to the highest position. Next I will try tightening the adjuster nut with the mowing height adjuster leaver in the middle position.

FYI ~ The front of the blade is at 2.75" and the rear is at 3.5". That does not

seem right to me.

When I get done attaching the tiller I just picked up I will resume the mower work.

Thanks

Francis

Shuboxlover

I've mowed with deck in the up position.... Might be a little bit long for a lawn tho... :)

Before I got my 520, I mowed with my GT-1642. I never touched the lift lever, I ALWAYS mowed it in the full UP position. I don't know the exact height of the cut (it was up there) but when everything is the same height, you can't really tell if it's been cut at 1.5" or 5.5" Personally I mow as high as I can (better on your grass) The 60" decks don't cut as high as the 42" I was using previously, but it saves me SOOOO much time that I am fine with it the way it is.

Shuboxlover

Micah,

Yes I have adjusted the nut in the rear but if I crank it to much there is binding when I pull the mowing height adjuster leaver to the highest position. Next I will try tightening the adjuster nut with the mowing height adjuster leaver in the middle position.

FYI ~ The front of the blade is at 2.75" and the rear is at 3.5". That does not

seem right to me.

When I get done attaching the tiller I just picked up I will resume the mower work.

Thanks

Francis

I believe the nut on the back is only used to "level" the mower deck. The height is strictly controlled by the gauge wheels and lift lever, while you might get a minimal amount of lift by turning the nut, you will end up with the problem you state (higher in the back than the front)

HankB

Hi Francis,

Last post in this thread shows what I did and the results. Works for me.

DSC_2582-800.jpg

-hank

persof

Hank,

I've been thinking about larger wheels as you have done and may well give it a try.

Thanks

Francis