Sign in to follow this  
MNGB

Tecumseh H70 charge system

MNGB

Hi All, just joined the group, I have a 1973 Heald Super Bronc mini bike (just purchased it) it has a Tecumseh H70 engine that I'm having a time with.

First while checking the charging system I found that one of the rectifier diodes are missing so I'm looking for a source for the OEM diodes any help will be appreciated.

Thanks GB in MN

VinsRJ

Sorry can't help you but :)

HankB

... I'm looking for a source for the OEM diodes ...

Are these the diodes that fit the sockets ordinarily used for little cartridge fuses? If so, I think they may no longer be available. But you can get replacements at Radio Shack or American Science and Surplus. (I paid a couple bucks for a pair at RS and then found them at Am-Sci for $0.20 each :) )

There's more info on them at http://home.earthlink.net/~edstoller/id11.html

I bought some extras. If that's what you need, PM me your snail mail address and I'll mail you a pair if I can still find them.

Oh, and :USA:

-hank

MNGB

Hi Guys, thanks, yea I have a friend in the electronics business and will most likely go to him and get a couple of diodes soldiered in was hoping to find some OEM one but if they are gone then there gone.

GB in MN

MNGB

Hi Guys, I used the link Hankb provided and soldered in a pair of diodes, reinstalled the rectifier, started the engine happy days it is charging.

Thanks Hankb I didn't see your offer till just now (got to busy checking out the link) anyway I appreciate the help.

GB in MN