Sign in to follow this  
Road-Track

Rolling Hydro

Road-Track

Hi,

I am a new member. I have been running a 257H for 22 years. It has not had a quiet life from acres of lawn/fields and woods to snow plowing all winter.

I have never come across a snow blower with all of the drive parts for the 257H.

no forward or reverse

Last week only a month after I replaced the worn out Kawasaki 17HP 540V with another one from a donor JD 318. (Easy swap! Only the muffler is different)

The tractor quite moving and could be pushed back and forth like a key way snapped on an axle (I remove one these when ever I need to push it).

Key ways were in place and I could detect a slight noise from the transaxle. The Eaton 7 transmission was spinning the brake disk OK. I pulled the rear end and split the case on the Tecumseh 1320B. As you probably already know the left axle splines were stripped in the beveled gear. I decided to weld both axles to the beveled gears since I plow a 350" driveway. Seals/gasket coming next week.

I have always been impressed with the Wheelhorse tractors and wish to find a 520H some day with a snow blower.

For some reason I just can't bring myself to buy one of the tractors that are made today... :) Randy

JimD

Sounds like you've had great service from it, 22 years worth is awesome with no major problems. Keep up the hunt, I'm sure you'll find that 520 you're looking for. :)

Road-Track

Back in business. Forward and reverse work and no strange sounds!

:)

I added a rattle can resto while the seals were on their way. pics under that topic.