Sign in to follow this  
rustynut

wheel horse for sale

rustynut

is anyone on here that lives in coatsville, indiana lookin at buyin a 314-8 wiht a hyrdo lift.. that dont run... the tractor is located south of laffeyette just wanderin if it was anyone on here.. cuzz im lookin into buyin it to >> lol

rustynut

well i keep telllin my self im not goin to buy anymore wheel horses and i dont have enogh money to keep buyin.. well i just bought a 314-8 wiht a hydro lift for $100 and he is 1 hour and 45 min. aways. :)

o well gotta love em... o and it dont have any comepression the guy said.. think it might just need rings or the rod broke or somethin... pictures to come when i go get it

Kelly

An 8 speed with hyd. lift?? on a 314, sure it's not elect. lift?? I have hyd. pump set up off a JD I'm thinking of putting on a C-121 8speed.

rustynut

hoe could it be electric when theres a hydrolic cylindr sittin on it

Jim_M

How can it be hydraulic if it's an 8 speed?

rustynut

ok its electric but its got a hydrolic clyinder........... so is this a good tractor,, i bought it for 100 bucks... hopefuly goin to go get it tomaROW

rustynut

the guy told me its a 1986

rustynut

and since its a middle 80's wouldint it be a 414-8 not a 314-8??

Buzz

It's tomorrow! :USA: So what did you get? Now that you have it you should be able to tell us instead of us playing the guessing game.... :)

rustynut

PICT0034.jpg

PICT0039.jpg

PICT0038.jpg

PICT0035.jpg

PICT0036.jpg

PICT0037.jpg

PICT0032.jpg

PICT0030.jpg

rustynut

i broke one head bolt and it was the one right beside the muffler...(eazy out might get it out i hope)

i think it has a broken rod. its got 2200 hours on it. model tag on on the mower i cant read numbers but i got the engine ones...

(motor)

k321 s

serial -4100760

spec. no. 60137

TT

The engine is from a 1973 Wheel Horse 14-8 or 14 automatic, so that doesn't help with identifying this one.

It looks an awful lot like a 1986 417-8 to me though.

rustynut

its got a 42 inch deck.

wheel horse man

cody did you get that snow blade with it to that you saw

rustynut

NO THIS IS A DIFFERENT TRACTOR. this is the one on craigslist.. that other wheel horse that was sittin by a woods that i was talkin to you about the guy wanted 500 bucks and it didnt even run

rustynut

i wander what it is... when i go back to my dads tongight i will try to get the model number but its pretty well wore off :)

sorekiwi

Thats an electric lift - its got wires going into it instead of oil lines... :)

TT

i wander what it is...

Did you see my post up there ^ ? :)

Get a good picture of the front of the drive belt guard where it lines up with the engine pulley.

I know it's faded bad, but see if you can make out 31-17K802 as the model number.

whlpny

Hey TT- did any of the 417's have vented hoods? I have one here thats non vented- maybe its a 418?

jusjeepn

Bob, My 417A has a vented hood!

TT

The 1985 models didn't have the louvered hood - which is a good way to tell them apart...... as long as it's the original hood.

The only three models to use the louvered hood in 1986 were the 312-A, 417-A, and the 417-8. Those three models also came standard with the 15" "comfort grip" steering wheel. (vs. the 13" two-spoke wheel or the hard plastic "cheapie" 3 spoke wheel)

The 1986 417-8 also came standard with electric lift, so based on all three of those clues, my hypothesis is a 1986 417-8, and that's my final answer. :)

Disclaimer: I am on my second marriage, so I will admit to being wrong at least one other time in the past. :USA:

buckrancher

o and it dont have any comepression the guy said.. think it might just need rings or the rod broke or somethin...

could be a stuck open exhaust valve

linen beige

I am on my second marriage, so I will admit to being wrong at least one other time in the past. :wh:

:) Me too. I wasn't wrong, she was. :USA:

hcminis

Bummer, yup was looking at a horse near Greencastle. Had a show this past weekend and told him it would be 23rd or 24th before I could make it out there. OH well...

Was away from the board at the show since the 18th. Man that stinks.

rustynut

i have the engine off and sittin on the bench.. it has a broken rod in it.... i will give her a complete restore in the next 2-3 weeks sometime..

and hc.. i only paid 100 bucks for it.. sorry if i knew someone here wanted to buuy it i woulda waited... but he said he never heard back form you so i drove donw there and got it